• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many Servicemembers Are Out There?

What branch of the military did you serve in?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What branch of the military did you serve in?

52 posts in this topic

Here's what I'm curious about: we have someone who took the poll and listed him/herself as O-7 or higher (that means they were a general :o ). Wonder who this is? hm

Maybe Norm or Colin collect comics? (shrug)

Huey Crew-Chief, which mean I (used to) get to fly around in the back of a huey and help people die for thier cause. I love helping people.

Now in a Search and Rescue unit, so I get to transport folks after they have been injured. Kind of a 180 out of what I have been doing for the last 10 years. Any service guys ever make it to Yuma, AZ, stop by.

53622-iraq1.jpg.11254e8c24d0c7566c3c0c311405eafc.jpg

Marines for 7 years and 8 months (Staff Sergeant) (infantry for 5 years and admin for the rest), and transferred over to the Navy (Yeoman 1st Class) (admin) for my last four months. Total of 8 years.

Retired Cleveland Cop (Lieutenant).

Now I race homing pigeons, breed German Shepherds Dogs and African Grey Timneh parrots and collect comics.

My son and daughter in law are in the Air Force currently. San Antonio.

I bought a 70s Marvel collection from an O-6 a couple years ago...maybe he got promoted?

Jim

Hey Big Jim. You need to get rid of that licking girl signature. She is causing me to miss sniping some books here and elsewhere. She is distracting :headbang:

look like I missed the party...

:P

United States ARMY

FT Drum, NY

1/22 Infantry, 10th Mountain Division

Light Infantry Unit. 11 Bravo / 31 Victor

87–91 I finished as an E-5

In 92–95 I was attached to a weekend warrior unit

so I could serve my inactive duty with a unit of my choice.

Boy, that was a bad call – these guys were so UNDER trained

it was scary.

I took a lot of guys that were E-2–4's under my wing and trained them in my

spare time. I keep in contact with them and they said that some of the tactics

have saved them overeas.

One of the best things in one of my buddies from active duty when to officer school

after being enlisted with me and is now a Lt. colonial now.

Here's what I'm curious about: we have someone who took the poll and listed him/herself as O-7 or higher (that means they were a general :o ). Wonder who this is? hm

Norm and Colin are retired O-10s. Only Omar and Dwight outranked that.

Anyway, I was USAF AFSC T9566 (USAF designator is AFSC not MOS), served @ USUHS and Andrews AFB during the 1st Gulf War.

Wow, lot of current & ex-servicemen out there, does non-US forces count? I'd be interested to know how many of us non-US guys there are in virtual comic land, as well

Royal Navy 1987-1991

Able Seaman (Radar)

Served on HMS Euryalus & HMS Exeter

Actually, there were also George, Doug and Hap, and if we`re including the squids, Bill, Ernie, Chester and Bull.

I just saw this thread.

Count me present and accounted for. 21+ AF retired

An aside to this, I just met a cousin of Curtis LeMay's at church this weekend.

What a small world.

Actually, there were also George, Doug and Hap, and if we`re including the squids, Bill, Ernie, Chester and Bull.

What are their board names (real names aren't ringing any bells)?

What are their board names (real names aren't ringing any bells)?

They're not board members. :gossip: