• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many Servicemembers Are Out There?

What branch of the military did you serve in?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What branch of the military did you serve in?

52 posts in this topic

Most already know this...

Air Force E-8

1N091 - Intelligence Operations

21+ years Active Duty

Currently with the 1 Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, Florida

My last day on duty...14 March. Officially retire on 1 Jun. :headbang:

Jim

I'm a SSgt (E-5) in the Air Force and a Dental Tech (Stop laughing)

Ramstein AB, Germany Nov. 2001-Aug. 2002

Sembach AB, Germany Aug. 2002-Nov. 2003

Minot AFB, North Dakota Dec. 2003-Aug. 2005 (Hell on Earth, no offense)

Tyndall AFB, Florida Aug. 2005-Aug. 2008 (Wish I could of met Jim)

Mountain Home AFB, Idaho Aug. 2008-Current

Jim wish I could of met you while I was down there. I used to have to go down to Eglin about every three months. I stop at TBS Comics every time, the owner is very nice. If you are still in that area, you should check out New Force Comics. Its owned by a guy named Rick. Very nice guy and he gives great deals.

Air Force E-8

21+ years Active Duty

Jim

Jim wish I could of met you while I was down there. I used to have to go down to Eglin about every three months. I stop at TBS Comics every time, the owner is very nice. If you are still in that area, you should check out New Force Comics. Its owned by a guy named Rick. Very nice guy and he gives great deals.

Man...you've PCS'd alot in a short period of time. Do you have deployments as well to add to that list?

I was also stationed in Germany (Stuttgart) during the time you were there... (thumbs u

Ed at TBS is a very cool guy and is really the only store of note in town. Haven't made it to New Force yet but I was talking to Rick not that long ago that a trip to Panama Beach may be in order... :grin:

Jim

Jim

Air Force E-8

21+ years Active Duty

Jim

Man...you've PCS'd alot in a short period of time. Do you have deployments as well to add to that list?

I was also stationed in Germany (Stuttgart) during the time you were there... (thumbs u

Ed at TBS is a very cool guy and is really the only store of note in town. Haven't made it to New Force yet but I was talking to Rick not that long ago that a trip to Panama Beach may be in order... :grin:

Jim

Jim

Sembach was actually a PCA, not really a PCS

Tyndall was a BOP

Mountain Home is a Join Spouse.

I'm dental.......so we rarely deploy unless it is TCN duty. We do get alot of humanitarin duties, but I haven't been selected for those either. I'm always PCSing when they come down lol

I have never actually met Ed. I talked to his mother everytime I was down there. She used to give me discounts just because I used to travel that 1 1/2 hours. I always thought that was pretty cool. Rick has to be hands down the best LCS owner I have ever dealt with. All his prices and are grading are spot on. He gaves great discounts and he is a very trusting guy. I have walked away from his shop with $200+ in comics and he just told me to pay him next time. How many comic shops would trust you like that. Not many that I have dealt with at least. Now if only I can get my wife to buy that 1k+ comics he has been holding for me for about 6 months now. Next time you talk to him, tell him James said Hi.

I spent 20 year in the Army Rangers. My 2 sons that collect with me both are in the Army guard. The youngest got back from Iraq last year thats when we started to collect comics. My oldest son was an Army Ranger too he died in Bosnia in 97.

Sorry to hear about your son Col, and my thanks to you and your family for your continued service to our great country.