• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A sign . . . . but what does it mean?

12 posts in this topic

It's a shame that somebody put in shill bids since it was a nice golden age era art even with the color codes written on the page.

Then again, maybe the 75 basis point cut in the fed funds rate really is helping liquidity in the market place.

Cheers!

N

This looks like 2 seperate snipers who set nuclear bids and got screwed. From $700 to $54000 in a few bids.

Yeah does kinda look like that... very odd. Two guys being waaayyy stoopid on their snipe max, and then one of them paying the price

lol lol lol lol

...or the seller shilled it in some bizarre 'create the market' bid for the other GA Captain Marvel pages he has tucked away (shrug)

Maybe, but he'd be just stretching all credibility with something that extreme. I could see a grand or so shill, but this is excessive. lol

I doubt it. The threat of a neg just isn't scary when you're talking that kind of money. The winning bidder's in a sticky situation on this one. I snipe all the time, but I only put in a feasible max just in case.

I don't understand why you'd snipe with an amount higher than you wanted to pay anyway.

Sure, with mega-bid you're going to win - but you still have to pay.