• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellblazer Cover Day!

13 posts in this topic

MNSN just had a heart attack, but no, it's not a Fabry. It IS however one of my very favorite Constantine images EVER, including all the Fabry covers. Just John being the super occult badass he always is, and being wholly unapologetic about it.

Smoke em if you got em!

(This is not THE art day that I have coming up in a couple weeks -- stay tuned for what I sold my firstborn for...)

Thanks all. One of my other favorite Bermejo Hellblazer covers is in Christopher Haggard's gallery here! I too think he's super talented, and his rep Mark Hay, over at Splash page, is easy to deal with and gets a (thumbs u from me!

MNSN just had a heart attack, but no, it's not a Fabry. It IS however one of my very favorite Constantine images EVER, including all the Fabry covers. Just John being the super occult badass he always is, and being wholly unapologetic about it.

Smoke em if you got em!

(This is not THE art day that I have coming up in a couple weeks -- stay tuned for what I sold my firstborn for...)

Superb piece Jesusjon! You can really see the Sting resemblance in that one.

I googled this little snippet from Alan Moore regarding Sting being the model for JC:

"One of those early notes was they both [bissette and Totleben] wanted to do a character that looked like Sting. I think DC is terrified that Sting will sue them, although Sting has seen the character and commented in Rolling Stone that he thought it was great. He was very flattered to have a comic character who looked like him, but DC gets nervous about these things. They started to eradicate all traces of references in the introduction of the early Swamp Thing books to John Constantine's resemblance to Sting . But I can state categorically that the character only existed because Steve and John wanted to do a character that looked like Sting."

That Bermejo cover of yours combines Sting's looks with JC's 'aura' perfectly. Very nice :applause:

Wish I had a cover. A Fabry HB cover is one of my goals in life! I actually live in the same town as him (Brighton) and my mother does some volunteer work alongside his wife. Which reminds me, I must tell my mum to work on that relationship! :grin: