• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still looking kinda Puny to me...

50 posts in this topic

puny.jpg

AK.jpg

I brood better than he does, that's for sure.

Maybe it's the booze talkin'.........but if I storm the set and kick the [!@#%^&^] out of the current puny, maybe they'd give me the role? smile.gif

If only life worked that way........ frown.gif

He just dosen't look the part. There are guys who are not necessarily big, or physically intimidating, but still look tough. DeNiro is a prime example(see my avatar). He's got "the look". There's something in his face that says "don't F%$K with me". This guy lacks that inherent quality, so the string bean physique just adds insult to injury.

That's it in a nutshell, the character needs that "toughness" factor. Guys like DeNiro, Pacino, Bronson, etc. (in their prime) weren't big at all, but they could pull off nasty roles due to their inherent toughness and their ability to pull off a character with a mean streak.

This guy couldn't shine Bronson's shoes.

Is there a term for someone who hates all things contemporary? I'm sure there is, but it's just not leaping forth from the baby pool depths of my mind at the moment...

Is there a term for someone who hates all things contemporary? I'm sure there is, but it's just not leaping forth from the baby pool depths of my mind at the moment...

I use the term "old fogie" myself, and think of it as more of a state of mind than a state of body. There are little kids that I think of as "old fogies."

I dunno the single-word term either...so I'll make one up..."newbiphobe". acclaim.gif

He just dosen't look the part. There are guys who are not necessarily big, or physically intimidating, but still look tough. DeNiro is a prime example(see my avatar). He's got "the look". There's something in his face that says "don't F%$K with me". This guy lacks that inherent quality, so the string bean physique just adds insult to injury.

That's it in a nutshell, the character needs that "toughness" factor. Guys like DeNiro, Pacino, Bronson, etc. (in their prime) weren't big at all, but they could pull off nasty roles due to their inherent toughness and their ability to pull off a character with a mean streak.

This guy couldn't shine Bronson's shoes.

Is it just me, or was The Punisher's original "look" a direct rip-off of David Jansen (The Fugitive/Harry O.)? Notice the receding hair-line, and cleft chin?

-J

That's better than mine. Does luddite imply technology only, or anything modern?

Actually technology is an aspect of Luddite - but I just made up Nouveauphobic and kind of like it!

I rather like that one too, and thanks for all the help, guys. I'll be sure to come here the next time I get tripped up on a crossword.

Hmmm. What about a "pastist"? It has that "might be a french delicacy, might be a near-crippling personality flaw" effect...

I use the term "old fogie" myself, and think of it as more of a state of mind than a state of body. There are little kids that I think of as "old fogies."

I dunno the single-word term either...so I'll make one up..."newbiphobe". acclaim.gif

If talking about movies, then the term "good taste" comes to mind.

Is there a term for someone who hates all things contemporary?

Why does disliking a blonde-haired, Breck girl shrimpette as the Punisher garner this sort of comment? There are a few actors today who could pull off the role, but obviously since the Marvel Movie budgets have been slashed, they couldn't afford anyone with those qualities.

puny_sir.jpg