• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"W W" Collection, part 1 revisited...last remaining Timely and Atlas books

49 posts in this topic

Congrats) :acclaim: I am SO glad I missed those...(just got home;) I have been spending enough, and those were just too nice! :cloud9:

I have spent too much lately myself, but these were just too nice to pass up.

Congrats) :acclaim: I am SO glad I missed those...(just got home;) I have been spending enough, and those were just too nice! :cloud9:

I have spent too much lately myself, but these were just too nice to pass up.

Great pick-ups! :headbang:

hello all...

going to "pull" the HT 24 from the thread (too late to edit) until we get back from cgc....you never ,know, might be a 7.5 and jump in price lol

hello all...

going to "pull" the HT 24 from the thread (too late to edit) until we get back from cgc....you never ,know, might be a 7.5 and jump in price lol

well, checked my online account, and sure enough, cgc graded it a 7.5 with white pages....sorry folks, a "bargain" was missed...price will be bumped up now (we now have express grading costs and shipping costs to incorporate into the cost of the book) , to reflect market on this book

but, just an example of our "Tight" grading, for future reference

rick

ht24.jpg

Congrats on the grade! (thumbs u :applause:

thanks...I figured a 7.0 , but I have found about 1/2 of books I grade are about .5 lower than the cgc grade (which was why I posted "maybe a 7.5")...it is a GREAT book, just a shame that we have more cost into it now...I tried to "sell it cheap" lol

thanks...I figured a 7.0 , but I have found about 1/2 of books I grade are about .5 lower than the cgc grade (which was why I posted "maybe a 7.5")...it is a GREAT book, just a shame that we have more cost into it now...I tried to "sell it cheap" lol

Excellent book! :applause:

$800 still seems like a lot to me. Great book!

I have only been buying timely's for the past year, but seems that most go for a minimum of 1.25x guide, and higher grade, can sometimes push 2-3x guide...this one is probably a 1.5x guide book (luckily it is not a higher demand copy, or 2x guide would be "easy")...

but, we did add $120 cost to the book (we had offers in the $800 range as a 6.5 to 7.0), so probably looking at $950 or so, fair market?

rick

I have only been buying timely's for the past year, but seems that most go for a minimum of 1.25x guide, and higher grade, can sometimes push 2-3x guide...this one is probably a 1.5x guide book (luckily it is not a higher demand copy, or 2x guide would be "easy")...

but, we did add $120 cost to the book (we had offers in the $800 range as a 6.5 to 7.0), so probably looking at $950 or so, fair market?

rick

Right on the Market....I can assure you as if the guy who put MMC/Cap together in 8 months is not good enough for ya! I personally have bought about 120 timely superhero and Ricks pricing is right on for the Market.

Paul

rick

Right on the Market....I can assure you as if the guy who put MMC/Cap together in 8 months is not good enough for ya! I personally have bought about 120 timely superhero and Ricks pricing is right on for the Market.

Paul

Just to clarify, I wasn't balking at Rick's price. I was simply pointing out that while the book may have been a bargain as a 6.5, I have only one book in my entire collection that is worth over $800. I'm taking baby steps into GA collecting and am frankly shocked at the prices' Timely's command in the marketplace. Where's the scared crapless graemlin?

rick

Paul

Just to clarify, I wasn't balking at Rick's price. I was simply pointing out that while the book may have been a bargain as a 6.5, I have only one book in my entire collection that is worth over $800. I'm taking baby steps into GA collecting and am frankly shocked at the prices' Timely's command in the marketplace. Where's the scared crapless graemlin?

I hear you piper... my first GA purchase was back in 1991 ..action 1 at $18K (man, those were the days)...

it is all "relative"...some folks wouldn't consider a $800 book (the "big" money guys)...others, have never spent more than $100 a on book...that is one thing that makes this hobby so great...there is such a myriad of books that match up with buyers, almost everyone can find that niche!... (thumbs u