• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"W W" Collection, part 1 revisited...last remaining Timely and Atlas books

49 posts in this topic

Congrats on the grade! (thumbs u :applause:

thanks...I figured a 7.0 , but I have found about 1/2 of books I grade are about .5 lower than the cgc grade (which was why I posted "maybe a 7.5")...it is a GREAT book, just a shame that we have more cost into it now...I tried to "sell it cheap" lol

$800 still seems like a lot to me. Great book!

I have only been buying timely's for the past year, but seems that most go for a minimum of 1.25x guide, and higher grade, can sometimes push 2-3x guide...this one is probably a 1.5x guide book (luckily it is not a higher demand copy, or 2x guide would be "easy")...

but, we did add $120 cost to the book (we had offers in the $800 range as a 6.5 to 7.0), so probably looking at $950 or so, fair market?

rick

Right on the Market....I can assure you as if the guy who put MMC/Cap together in 8 months is not good enough for ya! I personally have bought about 120 timely superhero and Ricks pricing is right on for the Market.

Paul

Just to clarify, I wasn't balking at Rick's price. I was simply pointing out that while the book may have been a bargain as a 6.5, I have only one book in my entire collection that is worth over $800. I'm taking baby steps into GA collecting and am frankly shocked at the prices' Timely's command in the marketplace. Where's the scared crapless graemlin?

I hear you piper... my first GA purchase was back in 1991 ..action 1 at $15K (man, those were the days)...

it is all "relative"...some folks wouldn't consider a $800 book (the "big" money guys)...others, have never spent more than $100 a on book...that is one thing that makes this hobby so great...there is such a myriad of books that match up with buyers, almost everyone can find that niche!... (thumbs u

(worship)

thanks...I figured a 7.0 , but I have found about 1/2 of books I grade are about .5 lower than the cgc grade (which was why I posted "maybe a 7.5")...it is a GREAT book, just a shame that we have more cost into it now...I tried to "sell it cheap" lol

I have only been buying timely's for the past year, but seems that most go for a minimum of 1.25x guide, and higher grade, can sometimes push 2-3x guide...this one is probably a 1.5x guide book (luckily it is not a higher demand copy, or 2x guide would be "easy")...

but, we did add $120 cost to the book (we had offers in the $800 range as a 6.5 to 7.0), so probably looking at $950 or so, fair market?

rick

Right on the Market....I can assure you as if the guy who put MMC/Cap together in 8 months is not good enough for ya! I personally have bought about 120 timely superhero and Ricks pricing is right on for the Market.

Paul

Just to clarify, I wasn't balking at Rick's price. I was simply pointing out that while the book may have been a bargain as a 6.5, I have only one book in my entire collection that is worth over $800. I'm taking baby steps into GA collecting and am frankly shocked at the prices' Timely's command in the marketplace. Where's the scared crapless graemlin?

Oh you think you're taking baby steps... Just wait. First it'll be one book over a hundred here and then one over two there. Next thing you know five hundred doesn't seem that big of a deal. Then along comes that book you want that's sporting a four digit price and you find yourself shrugging and scrambling to buy it. Just wait. :)

rick

Paul

Oh you think you're taking baby steps... Just wait. First it'll be one book over a hundred here and then one over two there. Next thing you know five hundred doesn't seem that big of a deal. Then along comes that book you want that's sporting a four digit price and you find yourself shrugging and scrambling to buy it. Just wait. :)

So true :(

rick

Paul

Very, very true! I remember not so long ago buying books at $100.00 and thinking good lord, I can't imagine spending more....then 200.00, then 500,00 The hardest was the 3K, after that It hasn't really bothered me, although I only have one purchase over 10K, but I would do it again if money and right book are available. Now any book under 200.00 is a bargin book, funny how collecting niches and progression changes you. Money helps, but I can say by buying and selling just about anyone can build a comic net worth, with a little hard work. There are deals to be had that can be flipped for a profit which can be reinvested in higher dollar good deals and so on and so forth.

Piper, I really wasn't zero'ing in on you in particular...just chimming in on the the timely market as a whole and that Rick is tuned in to that pretty well. So I hope i didn't offend, not my intention.

rick

Paul

Very, very true! I remember not so long ago buying books at $100.00 and thinking good lord, I can't imagine spending more....then 200.00, then 500,00 The hardest was the 3K, after that It hasn't really bothered me, although I only have one purchase over 10K, but I would do it again if money and right book are available. Now any book under 200.00 is a bargin book, funny how collecting niches and progression changes you. Money helps, but I can say by buying and selling just about anyone can build a comic net worth, with a little hard work. There are deals to be had that can be flipped for a profit which can be reinvested in higher dollar good deals and so on and so forth.

Piper, I really wasn't zero'ing in on you in particular...just chimming in on the the timely market as a whole and that Rick is tuned in to that pretty well. So I hope i didn't offend, not my intention.

(thumbs u

rick

Paul

schomy, Piper is Aok, I am sure he knows :foryou:

rick

Paul

(thumbs u

figures, if I had of just read one more post doh!

rick

Paul

(thumbs u

figures, if I had of just read one more post doh!

With all the bumps I keep giving this thread, you think someone would buy your HT! doh!

Gator, if it had been a Marvel Mystery, I probably would have asked about doing time payments. Good Luck!

With all the bumps I keep giving this thread, you think someone would buy your HT! doh!

Gator, if it had been a Marvel Mystery, I probably would have asked about doing time payments. Good Luck!

thanks...all the MMC did sell, and I think the new owners are all very happy with them!

that said, I am kind of wanting to keep the HT for me :devil: