• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Contest Prizes

74 posts in this topic

Okay might as well distribute these to the winner/s

Toro, you can PM and I have a goody bag of things coming your way ;)

Also since you are the grand champ, I figure I will put the pressure of having you distribute the prizes as you see fit. I would suggest you pass them out any way you want based on rankings or quite honestly you can keep them all if you so choose.

I can suggest maybe spreading them out as follows:

Most bullseyes

Top 5 winners

No negative scores

Last place better luck next time booby prize :kidaround:

Everyone who donated prizes could post them in this thread.

If Shin has any other suggestions or maybe any member that fits the 4 categories I listed can chime in.

:gossip: We had better just send all the prizes to Greggy, so that his feelings won't be hurt. Then, we can all wait for him to proclaim them "junk". . . . lol
I would give everything to the VCC charity drive anyways so pizz off ex-Winterpegger. Plus, all the gifts are junk anyways. :baiting:

Let me do my bit to help organize this --- Here's a link to the "prize thread" from Comics General: Linky

And, here is a list of the prizes pledged by people there (no pics here, just the list --- link to the other thread for the pics):

1. A copy of the brand-new Harbinger hardcover (with new Jim Shooter story!) from Valiant Entertainment! --- from mrwoogieman

2. I'll donate raw copies of Captain Marvel #25, 29, 30, and 31

Grades average VF to VF/NM --- from djpinkpanther67

3. Absolute Sandman Special Edition #1, CGC 9.8 Universal --- from MCMiles

4. Action comics #117, CGC 3.5 Universal --- from comicdonna

5. Supergirl #1, CGC 9.6 Universal --- from Blind Owl

6. Daredevil:The Movie #1, CGC 9.6 Universal --- from trmoore54

7. SPIDERMAN HARDCOVER BOOK "Revenge of the Sinister Six" --- also from trmoore54

8. Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness 1 signed by Suydam --- from rob_allan

9. Secret Wars #8, CGC 9.6 Universal --- from mr_highgrade

10. Web of spider-Man #1, CGC 9.6 Universal --- also from mr_highgrade

11. Avengers #11, "In New York" Edition, CGC 9.8 Universal --- also from mr_highgrade

12. Batman Special Edition, NY Post Edition --- also from mr_highgrade

13. Justice League of America #41 --- from JohnT

14. Set of 3 'Cast in Lead' Hand Painted Figures from the CLASSIC MARVEL FIGURINE COLLECTION: # 3 Doc Ock, #4 Thing, and #5 Magneto --- from Goonchild

15. One-of-a-kind BREADSTICK-ARMED NERD T-Shirt --- from hesdeadjim

16. A VG or better GA book to mess with you bronze age high grade collectors --- from comicdey

Please let me know if I've missed anything.

I hope this helps Toro, Shin, Nik, etc to figure out what to do next in distributing the loot, giving the winners their selections, etc, etc.

How about this:

I had the most bullseyes, so I wouldn't want another prize, because shin was sending me something for that. Shin also provided for a prize for pkw for coming in last.

- Top 5 winners, they pick in order or finish (so I can get first pick lol , one prize per person, )

- A prize for the person who had the best score without ever scoring a negative

(must have sent in a score every round)

- A prize for the Rookie of the year( highest score for a first time contestant who did not come in the top 5 although I'm not sure how to determine that)

That should leave by the count above 8 or 9 prizes:

To make things fun and so everyone has a chance Random Pulls.

I don't have a name picker like Ze has so maybe I could do:

- Put the numbers 1 to 115 go into a random number generator, the numbers would be listed in the order they came out. That person will get to pick from the prizes, even if they have already won for something else.

Let me know what you think. Any positive feedback is fine, any negative feedback too. (And greggy can call me a dork)

Ernie

Hey toro ---

I just realized one thing about the prize list I typed above:

trmoore54 and mr_highgrade both donated multiple prizes :applause:

I think maybe we should ask them whether these items were intended as one prize "package", or as individual prizes. Mostly, I am worried about them being forced to mail out multiple items to different winners, incurring higher postage, etc.

Maybe you wanna send them each a PM before the selections begin? (Just a thought).

How about this:

I had the most bullseyes, so I wouldn't want another prize, because shin was sending me something for that. Shin also provided for a prize for pkw for coming in last.

- Top 5 winners, they pick in order or finish (so I can get first pick lol , one prize per person, ) This would be 1) Toro 2) Greggy 3) Silverage12c 4) Divad 5) Joeypost

(must have sent in a score every round) This would be Theagenes

- A prize for the Rookie of the year( highest score for a first time contestant who did not come in the top 5 although I'm not sure how to determine that) (I'm not sure who this would be... I'm not sure who this would be. Theagenes or Blackwolvie?

- Put the numbers 1 to 115 go into a random number generator, the numbers would be listed in the order they came out. That person will get to pick from the prizes, even if they have already won for something else.

Let me know what you think. Any positive feedback is fine, any negative feedback too. (And greggy can call me a dork)

Ernie

Comments above in Red.

Link to Current Contest Results:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2164810&page=1&fpart=1

Link to Last Contest Results:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1565215&page=0&fpart=29#Post1565221

Possible List Randomizer:

http://www.random.org/lists/

Suggestion:

You could use this program to just generate a random list of the players and then choose the top 8-9 or middle 8-9 after #30, bottom #8-9, etc. I don't want a prize so I could just randomize it for everyone and give send Nik a random list. Toro could then just say start at # whatever and choose the next 9 names, etc.

List of Players: (114)

*BronzeageFan*

143ksk

1CoolEngineer

1koko

Aces

agro23

almoe

aman619

arexcrooke

Arty

awe4one

backtomarvel

Blackwolvie

BlindOwl

BlowUpTheMoon

blue808

blutobc

Buried_Alien

Burntboy

canickus

catrick339

cgcworld

comicdey

comicdonna

cosmic-spider-man

Count

cryptkeeper59

DarkKnight

Detective27Kid

DickPontoon

divad

djpinkpanther67

drbanner

ernster

evilsly

Fan4Fan

ffcomics

flatrock02

Flee-Marquette

gernblanston

Goonchild

grandz

greggy

halasraider

hellblazer

hesdeadjim

innocuous

Jeffreykli

joecgcmaniac

joeypost

JohnnyG

JohnT

Karma23

kc120us

Kingofwhales

Lantern

Lazyboy

marvelcollector

mar-vell

MCMiles

mjacobs8

moloch

Monkeyman

mr_highgrade

mrwoogieman

namisgr

nochips

NorinnRadd

october

OldGuy

osborn_fr

Paris_Fred

Park

pastandpresentcomics

piper

Pitboss

pkw

PointFive

Professor66

r1970d

razor707

rob-allan

rtarturo

RustyStaple

sal

scheradon

Shadow

Silver

silverage12c

Skynwalker

spookley

Stannum

steelcity

sterlingcomics

tatterdemalion

thanos_oftitan

The_Beyonder

the_Greatest

The_Spirit

Theagenes

TheWatcher

thirdgreenham

Timmay

tofer118

topofthetotem

toro

Transplant

trmoore54

Varfleet

Warlord

wasonff

Worldsbestcomics

Ze-man

Zipper68

How about this:

- Top 5 winners, they pick in order or finish (so I can get first pick lol , one prize per person, ) This would be 1) Toro 2) Greggy 3) Silverage12c 4) Divad 5) Joeypost

(must have sent in a score every round) This would be Theagenes

- A prize for the Rookie of the year( highest score for a first time contestant who did not come in the top 5 although I'm not sure how to determine that) (I'm not sure who this would be... I'm not sure who this would be. Theagenes or Blackwolvie?

Ernie

I've been in several past contests so I can't be Rookie of the Year. I would guess this would be Blackwolvie. (thumbs u

Someone suggested that this was a contest and not a raffle and maybe the picks should just go in order of finish. I'm fine either way. I'll be out tonight and won't be back until 10:00pm. After thinking about it I somewhat agree. So any other input that anyone else wants to give I open to any and all suggestions.

Ernie