• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay fees

76 posts in this topic

* When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.

Sweet, I'll be at 100% again. Why did this take so long... it seems so obvious to have this policy in place...

Correct me if I'm wrong isn't your experience with bad buyers a lot less likely with CL given their intermediary role?

Completely. If you use comic link - you will not have this issue.

Righto. If one uses CLink, Pedigree or ComicConnect, you also won't have to worry about Paypal fees or chargebacks.

Seems like this one is turning into a no-brainer.

Prediction: Slabs and higher end books will trend to consignment sites and ebay will turn into a vast wasteland of bulk lots. :P

agreed ebay is going to be good for lower price comics, anything in the high $$$$ range will go to auction houses & private sites like comic link & pedigree. no stupid questions to answer just make a bid and sit back.

:blush:

Correct me if I'm wrong isn't your experience with bad buyers a lot less likely with CL given their intermediary role?

Completely. If you use comic link - you will not have this issue.

A point about the fee changes that has been forgotten is that eBay's FVF percentage is on a declining basis...depending on the amount the fees could go as low as 1.5% or 2% over $1,000.

We can blitch and moan all we want but in a pinch and you want to unload books fast and get paid fast, nothing beats Ebay for now :(

True...I'm mounting up a comic assault the size the world has never seen....

bwa...bwa.wa.wa.wa...ha...ha...ha...ha....

People clearly aren't doing the math. doh!

Yes, eBay fees are going WAY up. On the first $25 of sales only. If you are a PowerSeller and receive the 15% discount on your fees, the net change in fees is an increase to 7.44% on the first $25 of sales (a 41% jump :o )The other incremental change - the bump from 3.25% to 3.5% on the sales between $25.01 and $1000 - is GOING DOWN if you're a PowerSeller. The net change on those sales is a decrease to 2.98% (an 8% drop).

If you're selling small stuff, things under $25 all the time, your margins are going to get killed. If you're a PowerSeller and do a lot of volume, you're only going to lose a little bit. If somebody tells me how to attach a file, I can put a spreadsheet up with all the math.

The key to all of this is getting the 15% discount on your fees, which only PowerSellers will be able to do. That's what the real story here is, not the bump. What eBay is trying to do, clearly, is get rid of the little guys.

The other changes are just stupid, but what do you expect.

This is a little off topic and still is an e-bay issue and I'm

wondering if any of you have experienced this before.

I normally get a e-bay invoice for the middle of the month

and anything I sell after the 15th is on my next month's

invoice. I paid January's fees with my paypal account and

yesterday I noticed paypal went into my bank account

and took their fees from Jan.16th to 28th without any e-mail

or warning.

Has anyone heard of this before? I sell very little on e-bay

and sold a couple of game systems for my Sister around

Jan.23rd.

wondering if any of you have experinced this before.

or warning.

Jan.23rd.

INSTANTLY turn the automatic payment option off from your Paypal account. (thumbs u

wondering if any of you have experinced this before.

or warning.

Jan.23rd.

INSTANTLY turn the automatic payment option off from your Paypal account. (thumbs u

Thank you. Was this a recent change of policy because when

I sold quite a few comics a couple of years ago this never

happened. (shrug)

I like the fact that buyers can only get good feedback my self! Sellers all too often abuse the feedback system & use it to threaten the buyer with negative if they get negative even though really the buyer has done his job by paying imo!

not saying there are not buyers out there who abuse this system as well but eh... I am tired of e-bullies! I won't leave feedback anymore as a buyer unless I get it first! Which frankly does not work because the seller does the same thing so we just go with out feedback :S

A point about the fee changes that has been forgotten is that eBay's FVF percentage is on a declining basis...depending on the amount the fees could go as low as 1.5% or 2% over $1,000.
As Sterling and FD have pointed out, I was ignoring the declining scale for FVF. I still think there is value to not having to deal with buyers and letting the item sit for an open time period. If you're not a power seller and you consistently sell less than $1000 value items, I'm not sure it's not worth switching to CL. As I'm typing this, I'm realizing that someone who does sell more expensive books will likely set reserves = more insertion fees or put the item in a store = more FVF. So much of this can be a hassle premium that I'm willing to pay when I decide to sell here for less than I might've gotten on Ebay.