• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Covers Only You Love

195 posts in this topic

Since I'm about the only fan of the Fly on this board, I'll post a very cool cover of the Fly riding, what else, but a fly while chatting up his very nubile sidekick.

Who does the art in that earlier series, and what did you think of the Ditko run? hm

John Giunta took over as the regular artist of the Adventures of the Fly with issue number 6 in the spring of 1960. John Rosenberger replaced Giunta with issue number 10 but Giunta returned toward the end of the initial run and also did most of the Fly and Flygirl stories in Pep and Laugh. A strong combination to be sure.

http://www.mightycrusaders.net/handbook/fly.htm

Steve Ditko and the Fly is a winning pair at my table, just about on par with Raquel Welch's!

:acclaim:

Charlton horror covers are often goofy, but this one's great (thanks for sharing).

If you go back to the 15/20/25 centers you'll find some really great covers. Sutton in particular did some great work...

haunted17.jpg

Jim

Always loved this one. I need to find a 9.8

70058905482.18.GIF

I agree, it's ironic that one of my favourite X Men covers is an issue of Rom. I remember enjoying the issue a lot when I first read it too.

Charlton horror covers are often goofy, but this one's great (thanks for sharing).

If you go back to the 15/20/25 centers you'll find some really great covers. Sutton in particular did some great work...

haunted17.jpg

Jim

Another belter (methinks a thread is in order) :wishluck:

234-1.jpg

Yeah, this is a way cool cover too. The only thing cooler about the book is the scene where Wolvie pops his claws on the brood queen host who doesn't realise what he is.

234-1.jpg

Yeah, this is a way cool cover too. The only thing cooler about the book is the scene where Wolvie pops his claws on the brood queen host who doesn't realise what he is.

No one else appreciates... (shrug) either someone is illiterate, or a complete 30,000 newb (thumbs u

Marc Silvestri X-men's are all modern classics... under appreciation is not something they suffer through .