• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January 2008 Comiclink Auction!

162 posts in this topic

I figure the value of my Green River holdings shot up about 50% over the last week. :acclaim:

Imagine how much more they would shoot up if you pressed them hm

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGHH

I figure the value of my Green River holdings shot up about 50% over the last week. :acclaim:

With or without disclosure?

Of course...it's only a comic book. hm

Unless..... it's an ego trip! :acclaim:

If it is an ego trip then it will definitely be disclosed.

Of course...it's only a comic book. hm

Unless..... it's an ego trip! :acclaim:

If it is an ego trip then it will definitely be disclosed.

No, only if it's an Alter-Ego #8 then it should be disclosed.

:gossip: just identified that two days ago as another trooper cover.

With or without disclosure?

Seeing as a ton of Mile Highs have been worked on in the past to some extent (I still don't buy the "it's only a single dot of color touch" = blue label for Mile Highs), disclosure on other pedigrees should not be required :baiting:

Well, what you want is a Green River issue of X-Men. But they are among the hardest of the Marvels to locate. There's a stash of them I am working on acquiring......I'll let you know......
Good luck Brad! (thumbs u

Why, oh, Why is the price going insane for the Green River 9.4 copy of FF45? I love the issue, but I remember seeing a beautiful non-pedigree CGC 9.4 sell for $1,000. Is the Green River pedigree really that highly regarded among SA pedigrees?

Why, oh, Why is the price going insane for the Green River 9.4 copy of FF45? I love the issue, but I remember seeing a beautiful non-pedigree CGC 9.4 sell for $1,000. Is the Green River pedigree really that highly regarded among SA pedigrees?

Got to agree, you see guy's go straight for the full BIN price on Curators regularly, but GR's hm

I don't recall them featuring too highly on the top SA pedigree's thread.

So we must have the usual story of 2 guys battling it out... just that Red isn't one of them, which kinda gets you wondering where the motivation is coming from.

There are now at least three competing GR collectors (two with adult money), because they left me in the dust on this one. I am very curious to see who ends up wanting this book the most. It's a super issue, and pedigree 9.4 FF's are always worth the money (I guess)....but it would take a long looong time for a buyer to recoup their $$$ on this one.

Me and Comiclink auctions? I won one. A CGC 4.5 Mystery in Space #69...... winning bid?

$26! :acclaim: I refuse to spend stupid money on Green Rivers that could go towards....um...more Green Rivers.

(shrug)

I refuse to spend stupid money on Green Rivers that could go towards....um...more Green Rivers.

(shrug)

When your looking to put an entire ped together, and you don't have client fnds to dip into lol ...slow and steady is the only way to go.

More power to ya Red (thumbs u

....and there's no way you can regret passing on a book so obsenely over bidded/priced right now.

Thanks Brass!

I certainly am a realist and understand that what I may find insane, someone else might have very good reasons for doing. I think that even though the price is super high.....if I didn't already own an 8.5 copy of the book.... and I wanted to put together a top Green River Collection....I might be thinking about that 9.4. Heck, another one may NEVER show up. Shows I have a strain of the virus myself. :insane:

I think the knowledge that my wife would murder me in my sleep if I ever took delivery of a book at that price also factors into my decision.

Put another way.....if another collector wants to put together a GR collection in lightning speed....that's their business. I just know that the way I've done it....with putting it together slowly, has been a lot of fun.

Red

what do you guys think of the TOS 39 9.0 with WHITE pages?.....the book sold at Heritage for around $11k in 2006.....looks like it could go for double that this time around...at $14k already.

Hype of the movie soon to be the next Daredevil

I refuse to spend stupid money on Green Rivers that could go towards....um...more Green Rivers.

(shrug)

When your looking to put an entire ped together, and you don't have client fnds to dip into lol ...slow and steady is the only way to go.

More power to ya Red (thumbs u

....and there's no way you can regret passing on a book so obsenely over bidded/priced right now.

That FF45 is now sitting at $3,069.00. Add the 3% credit card surcharge and shipping and you're looking at almost $3,200. I hear Josh is going to include a special bonus item with this book.......

ky_jelly.jpg

That FF45 is now sitting at $3,069.00. Add the 3% credit card surcharge and shipping and you're looking at almost $3,200. I hear Josh is going to include a special bonus item with this book.......

ky_jelly.jpg

That is really funny Red. The scary thing is that GR's have only recently been hyped here. And here is where it's been repeatedly pointed out what a ridiculously high price the book is currently sitting at. hm(shrug)

Unless someone has taken the lid off some seriously pent up OCD for GR's.... put an order in for 2 tubes, they're going to need it! (thumbs u

What gets me is that since it takes two to death-tango, there is a third GR Freak-azoid out there working the other high bidder over. On one hand I'm happy my fave pedigree is getting some respect finally, but on the other hand....I'm horrified.

I figured maybe the book goes over $3K with a last minute snipe, but it got there with 18 days left of bidding still to go. I see this book finishing between $3,500 and $4,000 easily, and I can't believe I just typed that! :screwy:

Red (lovin' my 8.5 GR FF 45 more and more by the minute) Hook

I could understand the price if the book was a Curator or a Pac Coast, but a Green River :tonofbricks: No offense, Red :thumbsup:

I guess the buyer of the WM copy is on cloud9

(9.4) White Mountain -795.00 - - 795.00 - Jan 2006

(9.4) (4)1,211.49 (1) 1,434.95 - 1,434.95 1,526/885 Apr 2007

(9.6) Northland Pedigree -2,850.00 (1) 2,850.00 - 2,850.00 - Apr 2007