• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collections

34 posts in this topic

I've got a bound volume of all the 'The Market is Crashing' threads that have been appearing here since the ice age.

So you're a pre-code horror collector, eh? I hope the Excessive Pessmist's Code Authority cracks down on that stuff sooner than later... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ERR-OR! ERR-OR! ALL THINGS ARE INEVITABLE. YOUR RESPONSE DOES NOT COMPUTE. ONE DAY IN A FAR-FLUNG AND DISTANT FUTURE THE NEGATIVE ONE'S PESSIMISM WILL BE JUSTIFIED. >whrrrrr-clik<

I've been luck to complete a couple of runs in my collecting history.. first I managed an x-men run 1-400+....... then I needed to break it up to finish the run I really wanted Spider-man AF 15 to SM 400+...... unfortunalty when I was young I always needed to be a completest.... of course at 12 cents it was a lot easier.

grin.gif

WEBHEAD

I'm working on a complete set of Pacific Comics in Uber-Pristine-Gem-Mint-11.0 condition. It's not as easy as one might think.

So I guess my CGC 10.75 Rocketeer comics are below your standards?

I'm working on a complete set of Pacific Comics in Uber-Pristine-Gem-Mint-11.0 condition. It's not as easy as one might think.

So I guess my CGC 10.75 Rocketeer comics are below your standards?

Sorry, a fella's gotta have standards. sorry.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Someday I need to buy JIM #83 to complete my Marvel superhero run up to about 1982. smile.gif

I'm about 95% done with my DC superhero run from 1958-1982. Still need a few early Showcase, Brave & Bold and Challengers of the Unknown issues. Fortunately, I'm complete on Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League, Aquaman, Atom, Hawkman, Metal Men, Sea Devils, Mystery in Space (Adam Strange), Doom Patrol, House of Secrets, (Action, Detective, Adventure #250 up) 893blahblah.gif

(sorry, you caught me in a moment of weakness)

tonofbricks.gif

I've got Vampirella #1-112 plus the 1972 Annual...missing only #113. I'd say the average grade is a 7.0, though there are plenty of VFs in there and a few real beauties that would grade 9.0 or higher (there are a few clunkers in there as well, though).

If anyone is interested in starting a Vampi run, I've got dupes of #41-98 (missing only #56 and #65) that I would sell as a set or potentially in lots of 10 in sequence (#41-50, 51-60, etc.) Varying grades from VG to VF...solid reader set. LMK if interested.

Gene

I've got a bunch of runs/ sets done. These are some of the ones that I'm most happy about for whatever reason:

Daredevil 1-191 in VF or better. I'm almost done with the run including the 30 and 35 cent variants. All I need is the 35 cent 148. Paying ridiculous sums of money for that book in any grade! I'm going to go after all the Daredevil appearances before 1980 next.

I just finished Strange Tales 151-168 + Nick Fury 1-7. Steranko's run on the title All VF or better.

Swamp Thing 1-10 in VF/NM and up.

I need 1 book to finish Miracleman. Anyone got a #24?

I also need 1 book to finish Marvel Premiere 15-25/ Iron Fist 1-15 in probably 9.2 or better. That one issue is # 14 and I just have to decide to buy it one of these days, since there are constantly copies for sale.

I've got a nice run of Warlock 1-15 along with nice copies of Strange Tales 178-181, I just need the 30 cent variant #14 to really complete that one.

I'm currently working on Green Lantern 1-89/ Showcase 22-24 in VF. I actually started with the Adams issues so I'm working backwards from there.

I'm also trying to put together a run of Frontline Combat. I'm not looking for anything better than FN, so it's going pretty quickly. The one exception: I might spring for one of the Gaines files if I have the chance.

The toughest run I'm working on is Exciting Comics 55-66 VF or better. It's the Judy of the Jungle run (my girlfriend's name is Judy so it started as something of a joke) and it features killer Schomburg airbrush covers. Once I finish that I'll move over tot he other Nedor/Better/Standard books that Schomburg did the covers for.

My FF run is almost complete.

1-125 Stan Lee run with Ann 1-6 Got Ann 7-10 too but they are just reprints.

Nice staff photos in Ann 7 though. smirk.gif

Just 1, 2, and 12 to go.

Maybe a few upgrades too. wink.gif

Action Comics 1-500 complete

Detective Comics 4-26, 28-37

New Fun Comics 1-6

More Fun Comics 7-51 complete, 53-67 complete

Superman 1-30 complete

Batman 1-15 complete

Master Comics 1-6, 21-42 complete

New Comics/New Adventure 1-26 complete

Adventure Comics 32-39 (complete pre-hero set), 41-66 complete

Marvel Comics/Mystery 1-5

My Daredevil (vol.1) run, issue 1-157, raw books, is about 85% finished. 893applaud-thumb.gif

My Daredevil (vol.1) run, issue 1-157, CGC books, is about 23% finished. 893frustrated.gif

gossip.gif The ones in the shinny cases are the same as the others. gossip.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gif DOH ! I should have know that... grin.gif