• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1602 #3

20 posts in this topic

So Virginia Dare is an animal shapeshifter? Not Snowbird analog then I guess...what killed the Queen? was it an emissary of Doom? Or that freakazoid instrument he made for her? Or maybe it was all natural causes, since she "kew" that she was dying anyway? Parquagh: "I can't climb" and the near bite scene... confused.gif Does Strange know the potential of his pet spider? The Matt Murdock/Black Widow part is draggin - they beat up on some local yokels...ho-hummm...

I'm assuming the instrument is what killed the Queen. The spider in Strange's study looked to be a black widow. I'm guessing it'll get some special qualities falling into one of Strange's potions. confused-smiley-013.gif

Chris

shot a poison dart from the trumpet when it was played (or at least that's how I imagined it).

I like that! I pictured the device blowing a poison gas or maybe even a "death spell". How did some of the rest you imagine that scene?

Chris

shot a poison dart from the trumpet when it was played (or at least that's how I imagined it).

I like that! I pictured the device blowing a poison gas or maybe even a "death spell". How did some of the rest you imagine that scene?

Chris

I thought gas as well...

How many issues is this series anyway?

Chris

I saw it the same way you did basically. I was thinking poison gas or something similar. A projectile would have to find its mark. No guarantee of the queen being right in front of it, etc.

The character that Fury was interrogating looks and sounds a lot like Vermin. What about the guy that tried to kill the Inquisitor though? Couldn't pin an ID on him, maybe he's just random? confused-smiley-013.gif

no it was Vulture

no it was Vulture

Oh right. foreheadslap.gif Forgot to look back in #2 to find out who was in the interrogation room in the first place. Does anyone think that Rojhaz is actually a combination of two characters? He does resemble Cap in terms of abilities, but Snowbird had a native American guardian who raised her since infancy in the Alpha Flight storyline. I think he went by the name of Shaman?

As I mentioned in another thread on this book, Virginia Dare was rumored to have survived the mysterious disappearance and according to some legends was transformed into a white doe.

In #3 Rohjaz confirms that she is a shapeshifter, and that aside from from a griffin she can turn into a deer and other woodland creatures. Rudimentily that resembles Snowbird from Alpha Flight.

But I still want to discount the appearance of any characters from Alpha Flight as they are bronze age characters, and Gaiman has specifically chosen to focus in on Silver Age characters - including the original X-Men, the FF, Cap, Spidey, Nick Fury, Dr. Strange and Clea, Magneto, Quicksilver, The Watcher, The Scarlet Witch, the Vulture, Dr. Doom, Daredevil and the Black Widow.

We have yet to see the 1602 counterparts of Iron Man, Hawkeye, Vision, Wonder Man, Ant/Giant Man, the Wasp, the Silver Surfer (or is that him in the one panel of #3?), the Hulk and the FF (who have only been mentioned in song). I don't know if they will all show or not.

He has said elsewhere that he chose not to include 1970's and later Marvel characters like Wolverine and the Punisher as those characters were not present in the early days of Marvel Comics.

So what does that make Virginia Dare? As Dr. Strange says, she is the centre of all that is wrong with the universe. The question is - is she supposed to be a Marvel character or is she an anomaly - a "real" historical figure that has somehow tapped into primal forces and been changed - and thus has changed the world around her?

Kev

So Virginia Dare is an animal shapeshifter? Not Snowbird analog then I guess...what killed the Queen? was it an emissary of Doom? Or that freakazoid instrument he made for her? Or maybe it was all natural causes, since she "kew" that she was dying anyway? Parquagh: "I can't climb" and the near bite scene... confused.gif Does Strange know the potential of his pet spider? The Matt Murdock/Black Widow part is draggin - they beat up on some local yokels...ho-hummm...

Well only read #3 today, so I'm running a little behind, but maybe just maybe Virginia Dare is a Skrull....shapeshifting and all.

She could be used to replace the now dead Queen, seeing Elisabeth was quite pale of skin, most wouldn't notice...

And I guess I'm the only one that thought Doom sent Queen Elisabeth some kind of sex-toy and she died of 'natural causes'

I mean the trumpet-guy toy looks pretty kinky....

confused-smiley-013.gif