• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone post a scan....

15 posts in this topic

I personally think Off white on this chart is cream, and there should be a grade between Off-white and white.

Just my opinion

OWLcomplete.jpg

I've never seen the card on the left. There's quite a range for "off white", which I've also noticed in slabbed books. And I can hardly make out the difference between the "cream" and the darkest example of off-white. I wonder if CGC uses that card? (shrug)

I've never seen the card on the left.

Me neither --- yet, the "chipping" at the bottom of the "Brittle" tab is identical. And, no number in the margins of the middle "Brown" tab . . . is this someone's home-made/photo-shopped card? :shrug:

I've never seen the card on the left. There's quite a range for "off white", which I've also noticed in slabbed books. And I can hardly make out the difference between the "cream" and the darkest example of off-white. I wonder if CGC uses that card? (shrug)

Oh yeah, it's the magic of photoshop. :) It's something I made a while back to fill in what I thought the tweener levels might be. Just for grins. I was thinking they should've produced it as a bookmark instead of a card.

Two things to remember about OWL cards: At the bottom it states "color bands represent the lowest whiteness level in each OWL range". Plus OWL cards are obsolete now, so CGC doesn't go by them anyway.

Oh yeah, it's the magic of photoshop. :) It's something I made a while back to fill in what I thought the tweener levels might be. Just for grins. I was thinking they should've produced it as a bookmark instead of a card.

The idea of the card as a bookmark is brilliant! Maybe you could interest Gemstone/Overstreet in marketing your idea. :headbang:

The idea of the card as a bookmark is brilliant! Maybe you could interest Gemstone/Overstreet in marketing your idea. :headbang:

Marketing idea... hm

Two things to remember about OWL cards: At the bottom it states "color bands represent the lowest whiteness level in each OWL range". Plus OWL cards are obsolete now, so CGC doesn't go by them anyway.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that CGC's standards have not been made public? That's really tough, since you can't see the page quality inside a slab. I guess people who submit a lot of books would get a feel for how the classify PQ, but it's a mystery to me...