• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Northland comics

27 posts in this topic

whatever happened to the old "a cgc 9.4 is a 9.4 is a 9.4" the premium for peds doesn't seem to be disappearing, it seems to be increasing. you'd think w/ the 5,000 cgc designated peds their appeal would be diminishing. guess not.

Looks like someone is angry.

I for one will be eagerly awaiting the posting of that FF45 in the "Post Your Lastest Pedigrees" thread. I'm going to have a good laugh over that one. :insane:

I dont think the buyer will share in your amusement lol:tonofbricks:

whatever happened to the old "a cgc 9.4 is a 9.4 is a 9.4" the premium for peds doesn't seem to be disappearing, it seems to be increasing. you'd think w/ the 5,000 cgc designated peds their appeal would be diminishing. guess not.

Divide your 5000 by 100 and you will end up with the ~50 Pedigrees that CGC actually do recognise.

And when exactly was a 9.4 a 9.4???? I have never known this to be the case.

Certain Pedigree's always have demanded a premium over the non Pedigree average price.

Actually, the only part of your statement that I will agree with is that prices do seem to be on the up & up.

Russ

Interesting post about the Northlands but I was at the Chicago show when the Northlands were unveiled. I was asked by Tom Brulato to look for certain issues for him which I did. I was able to see the 1st part of this collection and was very impressed with the grades. However, at the time the prices were aggressive (This was pre CGC) and Mike doesn't really discount. I did buy some books for Tom but generally I passed on any of the books I needed for my collection because of the price. Naturally in today's CGC prices the Northlands would have been considered cheaply priced. And while Doug posts that he more than made up for his not being in Chicago it was well known that Doug would pay more than most of us and was one of Mike Goldman's favorite customers. There are more than a few dealers that mourned the loss of Doug Schmell - Collector.

how do you know if you have any northland or green river books

Pedigree mags, including Northland, typically come with a certificate signed by whoever first brought the collection to market. The Northland certificates are signed by Michael Goldman.

:)