• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay has ended the auction

16 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I was bidding on a book on Ebay and the auction had ended with a winning/ highest bidder established. Later I received this peculiar email:

eBay Listing 200195987535 Cancelled - Results Null and Void

The listing in which you were a bidding participant:

200195987535 - CGC INCREDIBLE HULK #1 1.5 OFF-WHITE PAGES 1ST APP HULK

has been ended by eBay. Since the listing was ended by eBay, for the transaction itself is null and void.

To protect the privacy of all eBay members, we can't discuss the details of the listing removal. We hope this assures you that your account information will also remain private.

If the seller relists the item, you are welcome to bid on it again.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

How does something like this happen? Does it mean the item was not legitimate?

Artboy99

Hey all,

I was bidding on a book on Ebay and the auction had ended with a winning/ highest bidder established. Later I received this peculiar email:

has been ended by eBay. Since the listing was ended by eBay, for the transaction itself is null and void.

To protect the privacy of all eBay members, we can't discuss the details of the listing removal. We hope this assures you that your account information will also remain private.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Artboy99

No...not necessarily.

It can be ended for various technical reasons.

I once had ebay pull an auction of mine because I stated that Cash was acceptable for payment.

This is now now not allowed.

I've also recieved that message recently on an auction I was bidding on and the book was relisted days later. I asked the seller if it was the same book that sold and why it was being relisted. They responded with:

This winner was a nonpaying bidder and ebay erased our listing information for this comic. There was a compromise of someones account. Yes this is the same comic as before.

Hey all,

Regards,

Artboy99

No...not necessarily.

I once had ebay pull an auction of mine because I stated that Cash was acceptable for payment.

Yes, and I've had some auctions canceled too, but ebay doesn't send out notices like this to bidders after an auction has already ended, and they don't send out notices with poor grammar.

Post the address the email came from.

Hey all,

Regards,

Artboy99

No...not necessarily.

Yes, and I've had some auctions canceled too, but ebay doesn't send out notices like this to bidders after an auction has already ended, and they don't send out notices with poor grammar.

Yes...but this does'nt look like a scam...there's no request for any information, so what would be the point?

Hey all,

Regards,

Artboy99

No...not necessarily.

Yes...but this does'nt look like a scam...there's no request for any information, so what would be the point?

(shrug) Maybe the email had a link in it. They don't always try to get your info within the text of the email.

Eh, no matter, I'm just shooting in the dark. Carry on!

Sounds like a phishing scam to me. (shrug)

Really? What in your estimation were they phishing for?

See previous DP post; perhaps a link in the email that we didn't see in the post? Most likely I'm wrong. Sounds crazy I know, but it does happen occasionally. :grin:

Sounds like a phishing scam to me. (shrug)

Really? What in your estimation were they phishing for?

See previous DP post; perhaps a link in the email that we didn't see in the post? Most likely I'm wrong. Sounds crazy I know, but it does happen occasionally. :grin:

Doesn't sound crazy at all. EBay generally doesn't send out emails that sound like they were written by 14 year old ESL kids.

"Since the listing was ended by eBay, for the transaction itself is null and void."

Give me a break. doh!

Original item:

linky dinky

It was relisted under the item# referenced in the first post.

If there was no link in your email asking you to sign in to ebay, etc. (phishing) then I would think it was legit.

I would contact the seller through ebay and ask him wazzup.

Hello, I was the seller of the Hulk #1 cgc 1.5. I was just as shocked as you. I went in to send an invoice and it was gone. The email from Ebay stated that a bidder had used an account that he wasn't authorized to use. This is a first time that this has happened to me. The Hulk is still for sale. Feel free to inquire and submit an offer. If anyone needs any references I would be happy to provide.

Thanks

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

416 487-9807

Hello, I was the seller of the Hulk #1 cgc 1.5. I was just as shocked as you. I went in to send an invoice and it was gone. The email from Ebay stated that a bidder had used an account that he wasn't authorized to use. This is a first time that this has happened to me. The Hulk is still for sale. Feel free to inquire and submit an offer. If anyone needs any references I would be happy to provide.

Thanks

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

416 487-9807

Peter is cool , have met him at a few conventions.