• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 7 8.0 White/ Off white

49 posts in this topic

At what point does that book go for stupid money? It's at 47 grand now, even with the slab induced corner damage on the back right. (grader notes, anyone)

I have a question, can damage like that occur during the encapsulation process and if so, does the grading company own to it?

And "1962" asked a similar question. Is it an 8.0?

Here's my thoughts:

Is the book a 7.5? 8.0? Does it really matter. I see the highest graded 2nd cover appearance of Superman in a cgc holder. Is guide correct? Maybe the book should sell for 3 times the VF- price as opposed to 2X the VF price? We aren't talking about a run of the mill copy that trades regularly and it's price can be easily ascertained. It's a one of a kind book that trades on the desire of the buyers weighed against the ability to finance the transaction.

All I know is that there are 8 unrestored graded copies with this copy rating top billing.

Then again, sometimes I wonder whether we believe everything we're told and see in this hobby? What do we know about the "legitamacy of bids on ANY auction from

ANY auction house/seller? (shrug)

Didn't a 4.0 sell for about 27K last year?

This 8.0 is going to sell for an incredible amount of money.

Actions? - Rick I thought you steered me that way to avoid us competing?

Not that I'm going for this book - too many other juicy items to go after.

I know of folks that are going to be going much higher than me...so, my bid is real, but it is not "real"....I have zero chance of winning and have no plans to revisit action (except maybe a nice restored #2)

I expect it to fall between 60 to 80k.Beyond that is really a SUPER lot for the book but at 8.0 or better there are probably only 3 copies.Maybe it will set a record for a non-key. What is the record for a non-key book?

I've always considered it a semi-key. I think most collectors do.

I expect it to fall between 60 to 80k.Beyond that is really a SUPER lot for the book but at 8.0 or better there are probably only 3 copies.Maybe it will set a record for a non-key. What is the record for a non-key book?

I agree! And, there's probably a few like myself that would even consider it a key.

Then again, sometimes I wonder whether we believe everything we're told and see in this hobby? What do we know about the "legitamacy of bids on ANY auction from ANY auction house/seller? (shrug)

Just like the current :news: of Heritage being caught selling fake Hollywood memorabilia?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2184054&page=1#Post2184054

The definition of key just depends on the size of one's wallet.

Has this book been pressed? Who is the owner? How many times has it been slabbed? Did the corner damage occur in this holder or an earlier holder? Because of the sliding downhill reputation of Heritage, I think these are all legitimate questions.

Actions? - Rick I thought you steered me that way to avoid us competing?

Not that I'm going for this book - too many other juicy items to go after.

I know of folks that are going to be going much higher than me...so, my bid is real, but it is not "real"....I have zero chance of winning and have no plans to revisit action (except maybe a nice restored #2)

;)

That corner tear is driving me crazy! :insane:Why won't anyone listen to me! Is it just a ...............................................................................................................

slab induced hallucination on my part. :pullhair: Why doesn't someone put a drop of glue on it, it's driving me nuts! The poor man's Action 1 my foot in my mouth. There's no way that book is worth eighty thousand smakeroos. It's a vg+ at best anyway. So there.... I'm gonna go treadmill now and watch Voyager. :P

Got a question for all of you guys.. Would you rather have this Action #7 or a Detective Comics #29 in the same grade? Also, why did you choose it? Both are priced about the same and both are the 2nd appearance covers of Superman and Batman