• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For years, this was my oldest JLA - PGM JLA #8

6 posts in this topic

Back in 1981, I bought this one at the Toledo Comic-Con. I was 15 and was so happy to have an "old" JLA. Prior to that, #15 was my oldest. I know it's no beauty but, since I scanned it, I figured to bring it on in to share. It wasn't until 1994 that I got an older one in #3. I've always considered it a 2.0 but that maybe too harsh.

This one is on my list to "upgrade" at some point.

What do you think?

jla8.jpg[/img]

jla8b.jpg[/img]

Creased corner, page length creases, spine breaks, a couple of water stains - I assume the cover is attached and the guts are all OK. I'll take a stab and say it's a 4.0. But I'm never right anyway. :)

Your story reminds me of my teenage years going to conventions (rare conventions, I might add) and searching out early issues of my favorite series--Aquaman. :D

I remember the thrill of getting an issue in the teens, and then finally getting a top ten issue (I think it was #8). I might as well been acquiring rare jewels for how excited I was. Back then (70's) these back issues just were not available, and I saved all my money up for those conventions.

I'd say this issue is a 3.5 as it presents very well, with only the multiple creases keeping it below VG.

this is certainly better than a 2.0........ :grin:

I'd be inclined to call it a 3.0. i think the long booklength crease running thru WW and the 2 moisture stains drop it a full point below an otherwise 4.0..............

I have all of these older issues in Midgrade as part of my Sid's books and will get round to posting them someday.