• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you heard where there will be appearing?

73 posts in this topic

Ditko doesn't do appearances or any sort of signings. He's essentially turned into a recluse. :sorry:

:gossip: Just so you know, he really dislikes the word "recluse."

Maybe if he went to a comic convention people would refrain from classifying him as a recluse.

Ditko doesn't do appearances or any sort of signings. He's essentially turned into a recluse. :sorry:

:gossip: Just so you know, he really dislikes the word "recluse."

Maybe if he went to a comic convention people would refrain from classifying him as a recluse.

To paraphrase the man himself, he prefers to let his work speak for him. I, as much as anyone, wish he would return to the convention scene. I get the impression that he has no idea how popular he still is.

:gossip: Just so you know, he really dislikes the word...

Previos post edited. My bad.

No worries, I don't think he lurks here, so it wouldn't be held against you..... ;)

I've just always been the one that got corrected, I thought it would be fun to on the other end of the stick for a change.

:baiting:

:gossip: Just so you know, he really dislikes the word...

Previos post edited. My bad.

No worries, I don't think he lurks here, so it wouldn't be held against you..... ;)

I've just always been the one that got corrected, I thought it would be fun to on the other end of the stick for a change.

:baiting:

doh!:baiting:

Joe does! There was an art gallery viewing just last Saturday with part of his work- I think Red Hook and ComicDonna got to speak with him for sometime. Now... convention wise, I'm not sure, but I know he does get out there a little more often.

Ok, so we have firmly established that Steve most likely would not be at any con. What about the others?

Frank Miller

Joe Simon

Chris Claremont

Joe Rubinstein

Chandler Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Miller doesn't do many. Most likely you would see him at SD, but it would depends if he is pimping anything or not.

I can only see Simon doing shows in NY as it is his home territory. That said, I have not seen him announced for this years show. He would most likely decide at the last minute depending on his health.

Claremont doesn't do many shows. I don't think he is a regular at any show. But he will show up eventually.

Rubenstein (see Claremont)

Miller - if he makes one con appearance in 2008 it will be at SDCCI to promote the Spirit movie. Will he do a signing at Dark Horse or DC? Hard to say.

Simon - He usually makes at least one appearance a year at a Big Apple show. Depends on his health.

Claremont - usually makes an appearance at the New York Comic Con. Last year he appeared at the Marvel booth, year before that at his book publisher's booth.

Rubinstein - last time I saw him was at Minnesota/St. Paul's October Fallcon. I believe he relocated for the west coast about 3 years ago, so maybe Wizard LA or San Diego.

Miller doesn't do many. Most likely you would see him at SD, but it would depends if he is pimping anything or not.

He should be pushing The Spirit this year as well as Sin City 2. He is tough to get to, though. At SDCC 2006, you had to get a special ticket to get a spot for the signing and they were handed out randomly.