• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 5 : What Are The Chances...

112 posts in this topic

Oh and its true what they say about Jews... they are cheap :sumo:

No my girlfriend.

She sent me and my daughter to a Redskins in Phoenix two years ago for my Christmas gift and next month she's taking me to Belize for ten days.

She's one of the most generous people I've ever met, and if you were to meet her father (retired Dr.) you would know where she gets her generosity from. Just saying, you probably shouldn't make generalizations like that.

Have you been to Belize before, Brian? Some of the islands just off the coast are very nice as well. In what part of Belize are you staying?

Oh and its true what they say about Jews... they are cheap :sumo:

lol

Some of my best customers are Jewish, and one thing they are not is cheap.

So where's my raise then? :frustrated:

probably in your back pocket as you walk out the door every friday.

:jokealert:

"Somebody in Queens ought to go look at the book."

Queens is where my mother-in-law lives, so I try to avoid it whenever possible. I doubt she'd be hanging around a comic shop, but evil can be everywhere at once, so you never know.

Mutantkeys -- maybe your jewish bosses won't give you a raise because you spend half the day chatting on the internet?

Have you been to Belize before, Brian? Some of the islands just off the coast are very nice as well. In what part of Belize are you staying?

No, I have not.

We're staying in Belize City the first night, then to Guatemala (El Remate) for two days to check out Tekal. After that we are just going to backpack the coast, do some snorkeling, check out some islands, just wing it and go where the road (or the beach in this case) takes us.

You have any "can't miss" suggestions? PM me, so we can talk without cr@ping on this thread......

I think the blue elf should go.

R.

Don't waste your time Danny, the books not there. It's on consignment from some guy in Michigan, as well as that Gaines WF File copy.

Not sure who the consignor is, but Gus said he trusts him and has dealt with him for awhile. And from what I know, and have heard Gus is a stand up guy that would not knowingly align himself with the likes of Danny just to move books for him.

No need to argue Brad, I agree with you. That was why I called Gus to ask about the book directly. He was very open and willing to talk about it and knew all about Danny and his M.O.

If Gus wants to come on here and hash out all the details then he can himself, I was just telling Danny,(or anyone in NY) that the book was not actually in NY.

Ok, this is driving me bonkers, am I the only one having trouble loading a pages here?..taking forever to refresh a page, and then when it finally does all I see is code sometimes.

Very frustrating.

Anyhow, this is interesting. I just got off the phone with Gus, who just go off with the consignor. The book was bought off Danny by the consignor, the photos supplied were apparently from the same auction listed by Keys.

Gus still did not see the problem with this since he openly disclosed what was done to the book in his listing, even if it was/is a Keys book it didn't matter because it was being sold as restored/trimmed. Only when I explained how Danny was famous for enhancing his scans to make the book appear better then the book actually was did the light bulb go off, and he realized that the scans might actually be misrepresenting the book.

In the end I dont know who his consignor is other then a first name, and have no idea if he is moving books for Keys, or just selling books he bought from keys long ago, using scans from old auctions when submitting his consignments.

Either way Gus said he was calling this guy to ask him to use new photos ,not old ones and I hope for Gus's sake he asks this guy for more then that, much more.

Ha. Case closed. Good job Kenny.

Also ask him who wrote that ridiculous bloated copy for the ad. If Gus did it, he did it without the book in hand.

BTW....for historical purposes, and just to keep everything connected, here is an example of one of the kinds of books Danny was going for under his Robojo33 ID....over four years ago.....very early on within the incarnation.

robojo332003.jpg

Also ask him who wrote that ridiculous bloated copy for the ad. If Gus did it, he did it without the book in hand.

BTW....for historical purposes, and just to keep everything connected, here is an example of one of the kinds of books Danny was going for under his Robojo33 ID....over four years ago.....very early on within the incarnation.

Where is the larger pic?

Where is the larger pic?

Long gone. I just happened to have snapped this looking for Avengers books back then.

Those scans got a heavy dose of Photoshop. The book itself may be no more than a VG+ in real life. Odds are, the book itself does not come close to the scans. That's fraudulent in my book.

How many times do you have to see this modus operandi repeated to get it?

Well I'm not surprised someone else hasn't had a go at it, but with all the other big books this seller has on offer. It seems quite short sighted to risk their rep over this book.

Unless, as you say, the scan's were provided with the consignment of the book... could be the case hm

This is the only book in this format in their listings.

Maybe Danny knows this dealer on a personal level for a long time and the dealer does not know who he is dealing with.

Maybe Danny has already laundered several books through this dealer.

Maybe Danny has such a great relationship with the dealer that the dealer now takes him at his word and Danny simply emailed him the scan.

Maybe Danny is just trying to establish his foot in the door to back up NYmotordude's claim that he buys and sells through a local comics shop.

Maybe Danny is just pulling our legs to simply get a reaction.

Lot's of maybe's.

R.

All I'm stating for certain is that those scans are bogus digitally altered scans. And I would recommend that the auction be avoided.

Silver Age Comics is a legit seller, they set up at shows all over the country, and I've bought lots of books from them. I have no idea why they're using this scan. Somebody in Queens ought to go look at the book.

Or email them a heads up.

Read further down. They know.

OF COURSE THE AUCTION IS GOING TO END IN FIVE HOURS.....the high bid is now up to

$2,650.00 and will probably go a lot higher before it ends.

I think Silver Age should stop the auction until the scan issue gets cleared up.

Red

Read further down. They know.

OF COURSE THE AUCTION IS GOING TO END IN FIVE HOURS.....the high bid is now up to

$2,650.00 and will probably go a lot higher before it ends.

I think Silver Age should stop the auction until the scan issue gets cleared up.

Red

Another excellent job by the cgc geek squad (thumbs u