• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 5 : What Are The Chances...

112 posts in this topic

how is that book only a VG+ (putting aside the resto?)? i don't care how much pixelation fun is going on.

Brad, do you still have that X-Men #1 of mine that you were virtually restoring several years ago? That's a perfect example of what a little PS love will do.

Those scans got a heavy dose of Photoshop. The book itself may be no more than a VG+ in real life. Odds are, the book itself does not come close to the scans. That's fraudulent in my book.

How many times do you have to see this modus operandi repeated to get it?

Well I'm not surprised someone else hasn't had a go at it, but with all the other big books this seller has on offer. It seems quite short sighted to risk their rep over this book.

Unless, as you say, the scan's were provided with the consignment of the book... could be the case hm

This is the only book in this format in their listings.

Maybe Danny knows this dealer on a personal level for a long time and the dealer does not know who he is dealing with.

Maybe Danny has already laundered several books through this dealer.

Maybe Danny has such a great relationship with the dealer that the dealer now takes him at his word and Danny simply emailed him the scan.

Maybe Danny is just trying to establish his foot in the door to back up NYmotordude's claim that he buys and sells through a local comics shop.

Maybe Danny is just pulling our legs to simply get a reaction.

Lot's of maybe's.

R.

Those scans got a heavy dose of Photoshop. The book itself may be no more than a VG+ in real life. Odds are, the book itself does not come close to the scans. That's fraudulent in my book.

Well I'm not surprised someone else hasn't had a go at it, but with all the other big books this seller has on offer. It seems quite short sighted to risk their rep over this book.

Unless, as you say, the scan's were provided with the consignment of the book... could be the case hm

Maybe Danny knows this dealer on a personal level for a long time and the dealer does not know who he is dealing with.

Maybe Danny has such a great relationship with the dealer that the dealer now takes him at his word and Danny simply emailed him the scan.

Maybe Danny is just trying to establish his foot in the door to back up NYmotordude's claim that he buys and sells through a local comics shop.

Lot's of maybe's.

R.

All I'm stating for certain is that those scans are bogus digitally altered scans. And I would recommend that the auction be avoided.

Lot's of maybe's.

R.

All I'm stating for certain is that those scans are bogus digitally altered scans. And I would recommend that the auction be avoided.

Silver Age Comics is a legit seller, they set up at shows all over the country, and I've bought lots of books from them. I have no idea why they're using this scan. Somebody in Queens ought to go look at the book.

Well, I work for Jews so I get out of work at 4:00 , but I have plans :P Unless someone is "actually" really serious about the book ...

This is important. I think the chicken fingers could wait.

Correct... (thumbs u ...get yer priorities straight Danny!!!... :makepoint:

Well, I work for Jews so I get out of work at 4:00 , but I have plans :P Unless someone is "actually" really serious about the book ...

What does their being Jewish have to do with you getting off of work at four? I am confused