• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

30 Years collecting DC silver. New member

10 posts in this topic

Just posted this to General. But thought perhaps since I was more into the Silver-age I would copy it here. Hope that's okay.

Hi all,

I'm new to the boards. Why I have never looked at them let alone join is near beyond comprehension as I have been reading and observing many posts and threads since last night. A friend of mine here in Arkansas encouraged me to try the CGC boards after I told him I was so sick & tired of the EPay!!! And all the BS that comes with it.

I'm soon to be 46 and have been collecting comics since I was 9. At least that was the age I started to preserve my collection. Didn't know about bags until I was 15 around 1977. Started bags with boards around 1982.

My mainstay is the silver-age DC's. I collect every title DC published coinciding with the Showcase 4 through say December 1969. (I mean just where exactly is the end of the silver-age!!!) Some 114 titles over 6000 issues. I have managed to aquire most of these over the years.

Actually I collect many titles back to the Golden-Age of the 30's up to the Silver-age. and practically have all the Bronze issues as I purchased them off the shelves personally. I quit buying new comics in 1994 just to focus on the old stuff.

I have many dupes I could offer for sale or trade. Runs of Action, some in the 200's and most from #300 to #400 range, Same with Adventure. I have runs of Blackhawk, Superboy, Lois Lane, World's Finest, War titles, and more. Hope to meet others with similar interests. I feel I am a strict grader, but there's always controversy in that area.

Okay, I've said enough for a start. Now if I can just figure out how this PM thingy works.

Seadevils

Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

Browse around a bit and you'll soon get the hang of the community. There are specific threads for selling and they provide guidance in each one as to what should be posted and how things should be handled.

Regarding PMs, the trick is to find the Option field in the upper left part of your screen. Click the down arrow next to it and you have an option to send a PM.

Looking forward to seeing more posts from you!

Hi all,

I've posted some scans of about 8 1950's DC #1's at my first thread. Look in Comics General for

" New here. 30 years collecting DC" I know it's practically the same title as this thread.

I should not have posted this twice. Didn't know what kind of resaponse I'd get but the general section has been busy. If you all think I should post these kind of books here instead I'll move them over and just post them here. But take a look and see what youi think.

Thanks

Post em here! This reminds me a bit of the Golden Age thread started by a boardie named Bangzoom, and it was VERY popular! Check it out for some ideas on creating a buzz of interest!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1628473&page=1&fpart=1

I think a thread with high-grade Silver Age DC will have many of us, myself included, drooling with envy!

Oh, and watch out for a guy called silver. He's a really big SA DC collector.

Actually, your interests are much broader than mine. I specifically concentrate on Superman and Superboy titles. I am collecting Superboy to completion, Superman 100-300, Adventure starting with the Legion (247) and ending with the Legion (380), Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen to completion, Action say 250-early 400's and World's Finest....I haven't defined that one so well.

I also have other stuff, (thinking about completing my Brave and the Bold collection) but the stuff above is my current collecting focus.

I basically love all DC, and actively collect no Marvels.

Oh, we are the same age as well!

Welcome to the boards!

What are your wants your looking for, and do you have a list of dupes?

Danny