• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tim Vigil fans?

256 posts in this topic

There's probably no way I could sit through the whole thing, though.

That's my breaking point right there. If I can't sit through a movie without wanting to run, it's not a decent movie.

But I bet with the right production budget, this could have been much better.

I skimmed through the movie last night- its a bit cheesy, but not quite as craptacular as I had imagined.

There's probably no way I could sit through the whole thing, though.

i can't recollect if i saw the movie before, but something is telling me i did. (shrug)

Just got that Faust movie, I look forward to seeing how bad it is.

I just ordered a copy of that Vigil art book (1976-1990), does anyone know if there's any Silver Wolf stuff in there?

There are some Silverwolf era images, a few plates from the EO, Nightmaster and Grips portfolios.

That EO #1 cover fold out was pretty graphic...

Wonder what the print run on that series was. I see issues of Faust around, but not very much of EO...

I seem to remember there was an issue of Faust, though... #6?, that really was over the top..

Back in the day, when EO was coming out, an independent B&W book could move 50,000 copies without trying. The print run on EO #2 was similar to #1, but the crash had come. In 2007, about 13 years after publication, Tim threw out in the nieghbourhood of 12,000 copies of EO #2. They loaded up a van with longboxes and drove around, tossing them in dumpsters. Seriously.

To follow up on Mr 9.8's question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380209386241&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This dealer has 18 copies of Fantastic Fables #2 so you can probably get it for very cheap. Other dealers want way more. This guy says it is rare because it was never distributed.

lol Yes I have that on my ''Watch list''

I would buy them, but unless it's CGC'ed at 9.8 it's a shot in the dark.

Heart of Darkness #2 was never printed. Kris Silver was near the end, and he was playing games with money and his creators. He ripped off a lot of people by the end, Tim probably the worst. I forget if it was the warehouse/storage unit or the printer that Kris Silver stiffed, but the run was never distributed and then sold in bulk to someone (likely the Ebay seller) who has been trying to sell copies for $20 a crack the last 10 years.

That EO #1 cover fold out was pretty graphic...

Wonder what the print run on that series was. I see issues of Faust around, but not very much of EO...

I seem to remember there was an issue of Faust, though... #6?, that really was over the top..

Back in the day, when EO was coming out, an independent B&W book could move 50,000 copies without trying. The print run on EO #2 was similar to #1, but the crash had come. In 2007, about 13 years after publication, Tim threw out in the nieghbourhood of 12,000 copies of EO #2. They loaded up a van with longboxes and drove around, tossing them in dumpsters. Seriously.

:o

theres a Grips TPB?... where can i find it?...and is there a TPB for Faust?

The Grips tpb:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRIPS-GN-1-Near-Mint-/230553806881?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ae13e821

There's other dealers on ebay that have it too. I don't remember what the difference is between the red and gold cover versions. I don't know if there is a Faust tpb

I want to say that the Gold edition was limited to 400 copies. The Red was mass market.

Faust has 3 TPB's. Tim has jumped around a lot, but in the late '90s he hooked up with Broken Halos. Faust was packed in 3 issue chunks:

Faust TPB 1 - #'s 1 - 3

Faust TPB 2 - #'s 4 - 6

Faust TPB 3 - #'s 7 - 9

The idea was that the completion of the Faust story would become the 4th trade, as Faust has long been said to be a 12 issue story.

But #12 started becoming much, much larger. It grew from 22 to 44 to 80 pages. Then it was decided to split #12 up into smaller pieces. #12 and #13 were printed years ago.

#14 & #15 are now complete; just waiting on covers and final editorial touches. Then the story Faust: Love of the Damned will be finished.

Then we will move onto questions such as: how many copies will be printed? Will Diamond Adult carry the book? Will the complete story be collected?

theres a Grips TPB?... where can i find it?...and is there a TPB for Faust?

The Grips tpb:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRIPS-GN-1-Near-Mint-/230553806881?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ae13e821

There's other dealers on ebay that have it too. I don't remember what the difference is between the red and gold cover versions. I don't know if there is a Faust tpb

#14 & #15 are now complete; just waiting on covers and final editorial touches. Then the story Faust: Love of the Damned will be finished.

Then we will move onto questions such as: how many copies will be printed? Will Diamond Adult carry the book? Will the complete story be collected?

Where are you getting this info? :o