• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: My Thesis is Nearing Completion!

34 posts in this topic

Many of you who have spoken with me via PM or even in some of the forum threads have heard of my drawn-out thesis project for my Masters in English which I started over the summer. Last night I completed the 70+ page rough draft and spent nearly 12 hours at my thesis director's house revising and editing the entire document. End result: she was very encouraging about the quality of the product.

The end is in sight! With any luck, I should have the final copy completed and turned in within two weeks time! :grin: Anyhow, this place has been a FANTASTIC place for me to veg out as a study break zone in between writing chapter so just wanted to share in the good news!

Congrats! :applause:

Will you be going into education? Or, another discipline?

Presently, I am teaching at the secondary level but my applications to a number of different Ph.D. programs are out. I should get my acceptance/rejection letters in the next monht. :wishluck:

After the thesis is done, are you going to try to find a venue to publish it? I've turned mine into a 20 page chapter for a book, but it is still in a draft stage and it is due at the end of the month. Ah!

I think the intent is to trim it down to a 25-30 page article and start peddling it around for a few journals.

Congrats! :applause:

Will you be going into education? Or, another discipline?

Presently, I am teaching at the secondary level but my applications to a number of different Ph.D. programs are out. I should get my acceptance/rejection letters in the next monht. :wishluck:

So, the Master's program didn't cause you to question the sanity of going for a Ph.D.? :baiting:

Many of you who have spoken with me via PM or even in some of the forum threads have heard of my drawn-out thesis project for my Masters in English which I started over the summer. Last night I completed the 70+ page rough draft and spent nearly 12 hours at my thesis director's inhouse revising and editing the entire document. End result: she was very encouraged about the quality of the product.

The end is in sight! With any luck, I should have the final copy completed and turned in within two weeks time! :grin: Anyhow, this place has been a FANTASTIC place for me to veg out as a study break zone in between writing chapters so just wanted to share in the good news!

fixed that for you, Mr. English Major :)

Are you still completing your grad work or have you gotten the doctorate already? What field?

I actually stopped after the prelims went down in flames... I found that I was too much of a free/undisciplined/skeptical thinker to continue on in a scientific field.

Congrats!

My wife just had hers accepted and graduated in December. She got help from members on this forum with donations of graphic novels a while ago. Her thesis was on Graphic Novels and Reading Comprehension in 8th graders. :)