• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Decade - month by month sampler - The 1960s

592 posts in this topic

and HOW is it that the most important book of 62 hasn't been posted yet? :shy:

adv300.jpg

Because my copy would be too embarrassed next to yours.

My House of Secrets 56, October 1962, is at least presentable. Mark Merlin cover by Mort Meskin and George Roussos.

52999-HoS56.jpg

Story 2, Prisoner of the Sub-Microscopic World", has a favorite science-fiction theme, "atoms look sort of like little solar systems." Here's a page with an atomic number and all, by Lee Elias.

53000-HoS56Nipage.jpg

Jack

I don't think I've seen this one yet. Just above a beater, like most of my early Green Lanterns.

Green Lantern 15, September 1962, Sinestro cover by Gil Kane and Murphy Anderson. Hard to believe that Anderson fared so poorly in the favorite SA arists contest. I wonder whether having to shuffle several shades of yellow was tricky for the colorist.

Jack

53001-GL15.jpg

Okay Ya'll,

I said I'd post a few more. Thanks for keeping 1962 open a while longer steelcity.

At last!!! From 1962.....The Fox and the Crow!!!

foxcrow71fc.jpg

foxcrow73fc.jpg

foxcrow74fc.jpg

foxcrow75fc.jpg

ROMANCE FLASHBACK!! 1961

heartthrobs70fc.jpg

heartthrobs71fc.jpg

secrethearst70fc.jpg

secrethearst74fc.jpg

secrethearst75fc.jpg

BIG LOVE in '62

girlsromances87fc.jpg

girlsromances87bc.jpg

heartthrobs79fc.jpg

heartthrobs80fc.jpg

secrethearst79fc.jpg

secrethearst80fc.jpg

secrethearst82fc.jpg

secrethearst84fc.jpg

WONDER WOMAN FLASHBACK 1961

wonderwoman119fc.jpg

wonderwoman121fc.jpg

WONDER WOMAN 1962

wonderwoman127fc.jpg

wonderwoman133fc.jpg

wonderwoman134fc.jpg

I almost scanned the complete Wonder Woman from 1960 thru 1962. Just didn't have time.

Okay Ya'll,

I said I'd post a few more. Thanks for keeping 1962 open a while longer steelcity.

At last!!! From 1962.....The Fox and the Crow!!!

foxcrow71fc.jpg

Yay! Glad to see some F&C show up.

All of mine are in storage.

(I have about 9 Real Screens and another on the way, but all pre-1960)

ROMANCE FLASHBACK!! 1961

Those were way under-represented! Great stuff here. Interesting to see almost the same man-stealin' b1tch show up cover after cover. Her slanty eyes suggest some lingering post-WWII racial profiling. Almost makes you wonder if she's Romita's (did he draw all these?) ex-wife or ex-girlfriend!

heartthrobs71fc.jpg

secrethearst74fc.jpg

secrethearst75fc.jpg

BIG LOVE in '62

secrethearst79fc.jpg

secrethearst80fc.jpg

secrethearst82fc.jpg

You have Wonder Woman 1960-62 complete? (nice copies and more where those came from too, I'd imagine) Impressive -- not so easy to find, and WW bidders tend to be very competitive!

Those "Wonder Family" covers crack me up. Kanigher never let not making sense stand in the way of a story.

wonderwoman133fc.jpg

I almost scanned the complete Wonder Woman from 1960 thru 1962. Just didn't have time.

Keep 'em comin'!

Jack

Schaffenberger sure liked Lana more than Lois -- always a foxy Lana and frumpy Lois. Funny since Lois started out fairly hot (Katherine Hepburn type), got frumpy in the 50-60s (with some exceptions like the Swan Leopard Girl cover), then heated back up again with Adams and later artists.

Jack

May 1962:

LoisLane33.jpg

Jack,

glad you liked my "chick" comics. Looks like the Bruinette is always the evil one.

I have a complete set of Wonder Woman from #100 up. So from about 1958 forward.. Need just a few between 85 and 100. She's about the toughest set to collect out of the Silver-Age Super Heroes.