• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Decade - month by month sampler - The 1960s

592 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting a few more. This thread might end up being a bit of a "white elephant" but if it survives the early 60s I'm sure lots more people will contribute.

Just read your initial post, seadevils, about the 5000 DCs you bought for $1 each back in 1982. That was certainly an incredible deal from today's point of view, but as a 20 year old in 1982 it must have been a massive expenditure for you.

Certainly in 1982 I couldn't have raised money like that, nor would I have had the nerve to spend it on comic books if I could.

You certainly made a wise investment. $5000 invested in 1982 would by now be worth around $23000 plus/minus $2000 (unless I've calculated it wrongly!), assuming it was put in a simple savings account, maybe swapped around a bit but not risked in any way. Your books should be worth much much more than that!

steelcity,

you misunderstood. My silver-age DC collection is nearly 5000 unique books. The 1982 $1 each find was only about 200 books. But all were High Grade VF VF+ VF/NM NM

I wish I purchased them all for a buck. lol

steelcity,

I was hoping you would wait at least a day or so before going further in the timeline. But It's your thread. I had some other January issues to post and never got to the Feb & Mar. Was going to do them this evening. Had some different titles than we normally see too.

Here's My Justice League of America #1

jla1.jpg

I'm just going to do a couple more this evening. It takes time to go through all these books and dig 'em out for scans.

You said March was still valid right. I probably have over a dozen titles for March and more for the year 1960. But others need to contribute. There's a lot more finer copies out there than some of my stuff.

I had some more cool ones picked out for January and February like Sgt. Bilko pvt. Doberman #10, Blackhawk 144 & 145, Strange Adventures, House of Mystery/Secrets, a Pat Boone issue, etc. but I was too late.

Here's a couple non-superhero items. I hope more of you will pitch in. Would love to see some Fox & Crow, Jerry lewis, Bob Hope, some of the titles where I'm lacking.

Great thread steelcity.

All-Star Western #111 March 1960

allstarwestern111.jpg

Blackhawk #146 - March 1960

blackhawk146.jpg

And finally.....May 60:

71370038_7d7f50a6a9_o.jpg

Nice john72tex !

Thanks for joining in. I wondered if anyone was going to do the B&B 28.

I would put up larger scans like you and steelcity but my ISP I'm using right now is very limited. I need to figure out my web space. I have over 40 gig of webspace at my 2 web sites. Just haven't never done single images without being on a web page.

Seadevils