• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Color Rub

13 posts in this topic

What effect does a little bit of color rub have on the grade? I have some copies of X-Men 137 that are in very nice condition: glossy, bright colors, no creases, sharp corners. Glancing at the front cover, you would probably say they were NM. The only problem is they were stored together several in a bag and not separately. A little bit of the dark cover transferred onto the white back cover of the comic in front of it. Some look worse than others. Here’s a couple of them. The first one is not that noticeable. As you can see, there is a little bit of dark color on the raised area around the staples on the back cover. Otherwise the back cover is mostly bone white. The second one is much more pronounced. The others vary somewhere between the two in the amount of rub. Any input is much appreciated.

Copy 1

x137a2pk9.jpg

x137a1ao6.jpg

x137a3xp6.jpg

Copy 2

x137b1sy2.jpg

x137b2bv0.jpg

x137b3ij8.jpg

This book looks very similar to yours, if not a little worse

Nik, I was thinking of that very book even before I saw you posted it. :pullhair: If any one book sunk me in the grading contest, it was that one!

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

You may have set the record for the longest

someone has waited to make a first post after registering. :)

I'm a man of few words. Kinda like greggy. Except I don't use graemlins much. And I don't collect 100 page DC's. And I'll never have nearly as many posts. I guess I'm really not like greggy. hm Thank God. :)

Do I get a prize for setting the record of waiting to make my first post after I registered? I'll eventually get around to introducing myself.

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

You may have set the record for the longest

someone has waited to make a first post after registering. :)

I'm a man of few words. Kinda like greggy. Except I don't use graemlins much. And I don't collect 100 page DC's. And I'll never have nearly as many posts. I guess I'm really not like greggy. hm Thank God. :)

Do I get a prize for setting the record of waiting to make my first post after I registered? I'll eventually get around to introducing myself.

I think you set the record for fewest posts before slamming Greggy. Most people wait until their 12th post or so.

This book looks very similar to yours, if not a little worse

wbn33b092.jpg

and the grade it received

wbn33016.jpg

:o That’s a 9.4?! The back cover would bother me no matter what the grade. To me, that comic looks “dirty.” That’s certainly worse than my comics in question. My comics have a lot less of that “discoloration.” And they bother me. I must be anal. If that’s a 9.4, I’m just wondering how much is allowable in higher grades.

Dirt.

Well since Nik's book has a black cover I would say it is more ink transfer then soiling. Especially around the staples and raised spine areas.

Not that it doesn't have some dirt too. :foryou: