• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9.4?? Really

32 posts in this topic

First off I there was no"whining" about any grade. I was just putting forth information comparing one book to another and asking how one could recieve a grade when it has glaringly obvious damage to the cover and another a lesser grade with no signs of physical damage

I know, you were whining/complaining/biotching about why your book got a lower grade than the other one. (shrug)

When he was done, and you looked at the finished piece, I'm curious as to what you said to him.......

OMFG, I didn't even look at his 9.2. No offense, but that looks like something I would have drawn when I was 3. :o

The 9.4 isnt mine (if you look at the first post I only mention the 9.2 is) and the 9.2 was done by Allen Bellman who is in his 90s. Bellman is one of the original timely Captain America artist, having a book done by him is a great honor,so show some respect.

Bellman is one of the original timely Captain America artist, having a book done by him is a great honor,so show some respect.

He has my respect, but you can still stop whining about why your book got a 9.2 and the other one got a 9.4.

When he was done, and you looked at the finished piece, I'm curious as to what you said to him.......

OMFG, I didn't even look at his 9.2. No offense, but that looks like something I would have drawn when I was 3. :o

You have a really funny way of showing respect JC.

Agreed, I just don't like the speculative aspect of CGC grading this manufactured collectible. Seems to be just a tad too money-oriented for me, as opposed to Con sketches, which are also one-of-a-kind pieces of art.

But hey, to each his own - I just wish you nuts would stop whining about what grade CGC gave your book, as that shouldn't even enter into it for a true "work of art".

Ultimately I agree with Joe. Comics should be fun. They should be kids' stuff and not manufactured collectibles. It's sad that there's so many investors/speculators around to whom it's only about the money.

:(

I don't really understand why people care about the condition of these books. Each is one-of-a-kind....so I just don't see why the grade matters at all.

fixed that for ya! :grin:

lol

I agree that speculation has entered the market but there are a lot of old-time collectors getting this done as well. Granted I dont think they care about the grade. The dude was merely shocked and appalled that a book with creases like that could recieve a grade that high probably. lol no need to beat each other over the head ... CGC overgraded an ugly book