• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Board Member/Ebay Seller Who Shills His Auctions?

118 posts in this topic

Is comics-rock the guy who said he had to sell everything in one sales thread including an Amazing Fantasy #15 (which he owned for 2 weeks) because he had lost interest in collecting and was selling 10,000+ comics . Then got caught selling it dually in a sales thread and eBay at the sametime. Then a few days later decided he wanted to buy that lot of Batman books in another sales thread that a board member listed which included the restored #1. Now this shilling on his books. Maybe he's the buyer of that Batman lot and just wants the extra money with the shilling since he said his significant other doesn't support his collecting.

Talk about not being able to focus doh!

Like, more than 2100? :baiting:

Over 4k :baiting:

:eek:

We will make an exception just this once ;)

doh! Just something simple like 100, or maybe even 50. Enough so that people know who they’re dealing with and to try and weed out clowns who think this is Craig’s List for Comics.

The one and the same.

I think people like him make a good case for implementing a minimum post cost before being let loose in the Forum Only Sales Forum.

I have noticed that the sales forums seem to have a lack of focus with a lot of rules being stretched by some. I don't post much but at least I read the forum rules before making a post in the sales area. Possibly the word has spread that this forum is a high traffic comic selling place and many people are coming along like miners to the Klondike.

I guess I have a long way to go if the post-count rule is implemented. :/

Like, more than 2100? :baiting:

Over 4k :baiting:

:eek:

We will make an exception just this once ;)

doh! Just something simple like 100, or maybe even 50. Enough so that people know who they’re dealing with and to try and weed out clowns who think this is Craig’s List for Comics.

You are right, only people with over 2100 posts :sumo::baiting:

Board Member/Ebay Seller Who Shills His Auctions?

FlyingDonut was caught doing this a few years ago. Doesn't seem to matter though. As has been pointed out several times, many in here would trade their own mother to the devil if it meant getting the books they want.

:tonofbricks:

I have to admit that I never knew this and find it a little shocking.

Any ebayer with numbers in their name is a shill. :P

:o

I'm action43! on eBay. hm

I too posess the scarlet number 4 in my ebay id. Off to shilling hell I go. :sorry:

I just wish more board members shilled my eBay auctions like I do theirs...., :sorry: