• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghost Rider-he's da MAN!!! Insane...

32 posts in this topic

I don't condone what he does, but a little info.

This guy has been making these videos since 2002 or earlier, so at least 6 years now and he's still doing them so those thinking he's going do die any day now might be right, but then again 6 years.

He's located in Sweden, but has made these videos around Europe only so far.

The "original" guy that started this craze was the Black Price "Le Prince de Noir" (real name Pascal) who taped a old video camera to his tank and filmed himself going around the 35km Peripherique in Paris, France in HEAVY TRAFFIC a long time ago (which this Ghost Rider also did in tribute and beat the time by a minute). It's said that the Black Prince died on his second attempt trying to beat his first record, but I don't know if this is true.

(commentary in German, interviewed in French)

If you can track it down on YouTube, you'll find that the Black Prince did this in a much worse case scenario, and it's hard to describe as to how much traffic there was as he was doing it.

Completely makes my point for me....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330892,00.html

No, it doesn't.

If I understood your 'logic' correctly, your point was that since people frequently die in unpredictable circumstances, we should not be concerned with attempting to limit risk? Because any such attempt may be futile?

Your logic is flawed. Just because we cannot guarantee road safety does not mean that there is not a significant measurable reduction in traffic fatalities when road safety rules are applied.

This maniac is no doubt a highly competent motorcyclist. He is also a psychopath, incapable of feeling concern for others or understanding the consequences of his actions.

Haven't watched the clips yet. Maybe I'll check it out later :grin:

No, it doesn't.

If I understood your 'logic' correctly, your point was that since people frequently die in unpredictable circumstances, we should not be concerned with attempting to limit risk? Because any such attempt may be futile?

Your logic is flawed. Just because we cannot guarantee road safety does not mean that there is not a significant measurable reduction in traffic fatalities when road safety rules are applied.

This maniac is no doubt a highly competent motorcyclist. He is also a psychopath, incapable of feeling concern for others or understanding the consequences of his actions.

ALMOST got my 'logic' ;)

What I was attempting to convey is that the personal moral opinions about the act itself, are pointless, and irrelevant. Why? you can't stop it, no matter what 'YOU' think, people do crazy things all the time because human beings want to test the limits of life, and their abilities (the legality of such is superfluous) Also, the facts don't support the argument, "road safety rules" according to the math, DON'T do much to stop fatalities (I believe i'm correct on this, last I read, but someone may correct me), we cannot stop death, its seriously silly to even suggest HUMANS can control math? that is the arrogance of humanity at work, and in the end, its ultimately nugatory.

I write the following with no intention at all other than one of knowledge; if you have not, I suggest you read a few books on Chaos Mathematics, its truly fascinating stuff, and deals in the absolute, not moral opinions about anothers actions.

Again, I don't condone, nor believe, riding a bike like this is a good idea, but I have MUCH respect for the SKILL displayed to do so, regardless of ones opinion. Everyone on this board judging this guys acts are in the nd, hypocrites, because if ANYONE on this board claims they have NEVER sped in their lives driving....well.... zzz we have ALL done stupid things we regret, you didn't control the end game, mathematics did.

No, it doesn't.

ALMOST got my 'logic' ;)

What I was attempting to convey is that the personal moral opinions about the act itself, are pointless, and irrelevant. Why? you can't stop it, no matter what 'YOU' think, people do crazy things all the time because human beings want to test the limits of life, and their abilities (the legality of such is superfluous) Also, the facts don't support the argument, "road safety rules" according to the math, DON'T do much to stop fatalities (I believe i'm correct on this, last I read, but someone may correct me), we cannot stop death, its seriously silly to even suggest HUMANS can control math? that is the arrogance of humanity at work, and in the end, its ultimately nugatory.

I write the following with no intention at all other than one of knowledge; if you have not, I suggest you read a few books on Chaos Mathematics, its truly fascinating stuff, and deals in the absolute, not moral opinions about anothers actions.

Again, I don't condone, nor believe, riding a bike like this is a good idea, but I have MUCH respect for the SKILL displayed to do so, regardless of ones opinion. Everyone on this board judging this guys acts are in the nd, hypocrites, because if ANYONE on this board claims they have NEVER sped in their lives driving....well.... zzz we have ALL done stupid things we regret, you didn't control the end game, mathematics did.

Well, I hope you'll still be just as impressed with his skill if he ever manages to wipe out a member of your family on the roads. If he manages to get someone killed I don't think that you will be able to explain to their family that while you didn't agree with the rider driving like a , you admired his skill.

....Also, the facts don't support the argument, "road safety rules" according to the math, DON'T do much to stop fatalities ......we cannot stop death, its seriously silly to even suggest HUMANS can control math? that is the arrogance of humanity at work....

I think my street is safer with a 15 mph speed limit rather than a 115 mph speed limit. :acclaim:

...and since I'm a puny arrogant human, and can't control math, I'm not really sure how I can conclude that. :screwy:

I've seen these types of videos before, and posting them here for more people to see only encourages these scumbags and their imitators to do it more.