• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Hughes auctions results and did you win anything?

73 posts in this topic

I picked up a much wanted Silver Age first appearance File copy in 9.4....................I can't tell you what I got as it is a "Secret" :gossip:

Wait....I just told you anyway.......Secret Squirrel #1 from 1966 in 9.4 with ow/w pages.....1st appearances of Secret, Morocco Mole, Squiddly Diddly, Winsome Witch.

Did I mention that Secret Squirrel rulez?

Scott

What did this one sell for? Just curious

:gossip: There's a 9.6 Secret Squirrel in Comiclink's upcoming auction.

I just finished scouring through the Heritage catalogue to make my "Tracking" selections....between the Hughes auction, Comiclink, Heritage, and ComicConnect, I have over 50+ items I am tracking for consideration of purchase.

I have a feeling I'll end up with between 15-20 books by the end of it all....and it will probably cost me a pretty penny in the process.

I honestly can't remember this much quality material being available at any one time in the past. Its a buyer's bonanza for sure, with some books going for less then they normally would (while others still command premiums).

I wasn't overly impressed with this auction. Seemed kind of like a fill-in between the big auctions from CL and Heritage. There were a few nice books, I liked that ASM 14 but thought the price got a bit out of hand. Talked myself out of bidding on the Avengers 4, which I thought went for a decent price. The increments he uses on books above 1k aren't exactly conducive to much action.

I got the invoice today and will be sending out payment. It surprised me on the invoice that he charges the 3 percent buyers premium also. Surprised no one has whined about that at some point like with CL and Pedigree.

I wasn't overly impressed with this auction. Seemed kind of like a fill-in between the big auctions from CL and Heritage. There were a few nice books, I liked that ASM 14 but thought the price got a bit out of hand. Talked myself out of bidding on the Avengers 4, which I thought went for a decent price. The increments he uses on books above 1k aren't exactly conducive to much action.

I got the invoice today and will be sending out payment. It surprised me on the invoice that he charges the 3 percent buyers premium also. Surprised no one has whined about that at some point like with CL and Pedigree.

I think the 3% buyer's premium is not counted if you pay by check or money order. At least that's the way I read my invoice and it works out when I total my winnings.

I picked up a much wanted Silver Age first appearance File copy in 9.4....................I can't tell you what I got as it is a "Secret" :gossip:

Wait....I just told you anyway.......Secret Squirrel #1 from 1966 in 9.4 with ow/w pages.....1st appearances of Secret, Morocco Mole, Squiddly Diddly, Winsome Witch.

Scott

Does he list his auction results some where? Just curious to know where the above book sold, and some others too.

thanks

No, you pay whatever the invoice equals. And then he has the CC price after that. If you pay by check, you pay winning bid + shipping. If you pay by CC, you pay winning bid + shipping + 3%. I'm paying by check since he says it'll take 2 1/2 weeks to process items anyways.

"The applicable buyer's premium for my auctions is an amount equal to 3% of the buy price. Buyers paying by check, money order or bank wire will be given a 3% discount." as taken from his website rules.

So if he invoices you for $1000, he must give you a 3% discount if you pay by cheque...correct?

Jim

No. It's the same as Comiclink. He says there's a 3 percent buyers premium on ALL purchases. So your winning bid PLUS 3 percent. Now if you pay by check or money order, he WAIVES the 3 percent. Therefore your price is winning bid. There's no discount. Only a convenient turn of phrasing so as to avoid creating a surcharge for use of a CC.

Scott

Does he list his auction results some where? Just curious to know where the above book sold, and some others too.

thanks

I got the Secret Squirrel 1 for 350.

Thanks Wrightson fan.... What do you think the 9.6 on comiclink's auction should go for?

Not sure......I haven't checked the current price on the 9.6, but I would estimate at least another 150-200 as it is the highest graded copy. May go even higher due to the exposure that CLink has, which I would assume is quite a bit more than Bill's. I am quite happy with the 9.4 as it has great pages and is a File copy. I am glad to save several hundred when it comes down to that.

Scott

Scott

Big fan of that cartoon as a kid. His best villain was Yellow Pinkie lol

Scott

I wonder why his pinkie was yellow? hm

Scott

Take-off on Goldfinger

Scott

Take-off on Goldfinger

Sheesh! I wasn't looking for the real answer. It takes work to be nasty around here you know. :baiting:

Scott

Take-off on Goldfinger

Sheesh! I wasn't looking for the real answer. It takes work to be nasty around here you know. :baiting:

I knew where you were going and I wasn't about to go there (tsk)

Even though I wanted to :grin: