• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Hughes auctions results and did you win anything?

73 posts in this topic

Well with everybody concerned about a posibility of a recesssion and with the quality of books available for sale, the Bill Hughes auctions ended earlier tonight to kick off the first of 4 quality auctions to occur in the next month or so. Was anybody watching anything and how do you think the auctioned fared? Better yet did anybody win anything? I was really only watching one particular book and participated for the first time in a VintageCollectables.net auction. I am also pleased to say I won said book.

NorthlandASM14.jpg

Although I didn't set a GPA record, I definitely didn't pick it up for a "steal".

I also guess I have officialy decided to add other pedigree books to my collection other than White Mountains, which I'm not quite sure is a good or bad thing. :)

Anyways I'd love to hear other collectors thoughts of the auction as a whole.

Jim

They must have done a job marketing this auction. I haven't heard of it until now.

i happened to stumble onto it cause i have the site bookmarked but even though it wasn't highy publicized there was some good prices realized! He should have posted here and told us!

that 9.2 #14 reminds me of an old ewert story- the only time i ever contacted him was to ask if he wanted to do time payments on a CGC 8.5 #14 he had at auction his reply was he couldn't but he had a really great 9.2 he was willing to take payments on--glad i didn't take that deal!

Well with everybody concerned about a posibility of a recesssion and with the quality of books available for sale, the Bill Hughes auctions ended earlier tonight to kick off the first of 4 quality auctions to occur in the next month or so. Was anybody watching anything and how do you think the auctioned fared? Better yet did anybody win anything? I was really only watching one particular book and participated for the first time in a VintageCollectables.net auction. I am also pleased to say I won said book.

NorthlandASM14.jpg

Although I didn't set a GPA record, I definitely didn't pick it up for a "steal".

I also guess I have officialy decided to add other pedigree books to my collection other than White Mountains, which I'm not quite sure is a good or bad thing. :)

Jim

Congrats!

They must have done a job marketing this auction. I haven't heard of it until now.

Same here. I had no idea the auction was even taking place. (shrug)

:makepoint:

You always keep things to yourself you hoarder (tsk)

ok, mr. you can have the funny pages I won :sorry:

NorthlandASM14.jpg

I hear Green Rivers are quite popular :grin:

It had a write-up in Scoop, but not nearly the exposure of CLink, Heritage, Comicconnect

:makepoint:

You always keep things to yourself you hoarder (tsk)

ok, mr. you can have the funny pages I won :sorry:

How the heck did you guys not know this auction was happening? He spammed me every single day for a week leading up to the auction then everyday during the auction!

And I'm not even a registered bidder!

i saw that auction- nice pick-up! i didn't bid on anything myself.

the auction had some great material and some strong bidding as well i noticed a 9.9 spidey 135 going for over $4000!

Anyone know what the 135 sold for?

(Yes, I once owned it...)

NorthlandASM14.jpg

Jim

Congratulations! It is a beautiful book. I remember when Motor City first advertized the Northland Collection, almost exactly ten years ago. They produced a catalog, but most of the Amazing Spider-Man books never even made it to print.

The prices on this issue never cease to astound. When NM copies were selling for $2000 it seemed incredible; now NM- copies sell for over 2.5 times that amount and no doubt will continue to rise. The fact that there are now well over 50 CGC copies in 9.2 or better means that regular sales should happen, keeping this issue in the spotlight. The Northland copy is a great example for anyone's collection!