• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spec SM 64, Supes 317 and Avengers 196 question

4 posts in this topic

SO...here's my question.

Picked up a small run of books and there's no question in my mind that the following are 9.8 copies...just need to submit them.

Spec SM 64 (1st cloak & dagger)

Superman 317 (Neal Adams cover)

Avengers 196 (Perez, 1st Taskmaster)

I saw that the last 9.8 of Avengers 196 went for $676 this past December and Spec Spiderman 64 went for $400 in 9.8 around the same time.

Superman 317 doesn't appear to have any 9.8 copies.

So here's my question(s):

1) could those prices be a fluke or is there really just not that many 9.8?

2) with no 9.8 cps of Superman 317, just on speculation, what might a 9.8 bring in the open market? The last 9.6 sold for $225

Just wondering what you guys thought.

I was also lucky enough to find another 9.8 raw Thor 337 and Rom #1 to replace the ones I just had to sell...this was a really nice little batch. I was most surprised that the Superman was THAT nice though.

Looked like it was never touched.

SO...here's my question.

Picked up a small run of books and there's no question in my mind that the following are 9.8 copies...just need to submit them.

Spec SM 64 (1st cloak & dagger)

Avengers 196 (Perez, 1st Taskmaster)

I saw that the last 9.8 of Avengers 196 went for $676 this past December and Spec Spiderman 64 went for $400 in 9.8 around the same time.

Superman 317 doesn't appear to have any 9.8 copies.

So here's my question(s):

1) could those prices be a fluke or is there really just not that many 9.8?

2) with no 9.8 cps of Superman 317, just on speculation, what might a 9.8 bring in the open market? The last 9.6 sold for $225

Just wondering what you guys thought.

I was also lucky enough to find another 9.8 raw Thor 337 and Rom #1 to replace the ones I just had to sell...this was a really nice little batch. I was most surprised that the Superman was THAT nice though.

Looked like it was never touched.

There was some speculation on the taskmaster books a while back which might account for the price going over $500 but there seems to still be some interest in that issue. There does not seem to be deep interest in high-grade SSMs or Cloak & Dagger so you might see a drop there. The Supe 317 should top $400. Congrats on the Thor 337 - still interest there - and on the Rom 1.

Hey Rich, better than this one?

superman317.jpg

:think::think::think::think::think::think::think::think:

I'll let you know when they get back from CGC :)

That old label on yours...I'd resub if I were you!