• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Word From The MH Temple Mount...

64 posts in this topic

He's the Carpet Bagging Mr. Potter of the Comic Book business telling everyone what a favor he is doing them by flying in and buying at ten cents on the dollar before the paying con attendees get a chance to see the dealer's comics.

----------------------

I watched him trying to do this with Dolgoff on Gary's "expensive" $2-$3 SA and GA books...I assume these guys have known eachother for 30 years or so..needless to say, Dolgoff didn't budge. If Chuck doesn't pay the $2..someone else will. I think Gary knocked $3 off a $100 purchase for me....

What I can't figure out is what the heck he's doing with his 100-1000th copy of so many of these BA books.

I've probably said it before, but maybe he's propping up the whole hobby hoarding all this stuff!

I've probably said it before, but maybe he's propping up the whole hobby hoarding all this stuff!

Probably very close to the truth, but collector-hoarders are even worse.

Could you imagine the epic market crash that would occur if collectors sold all their dupes?

You guys better hope Chuck never buys any ads on here, or all your fun will come to an end.

True statement...and a reason why CGC should not let ads dictate discussion here. Most criticism leveled at Chuck is entirely valid and to have that quashed due to ad policy would be a shame and a disservice to collectors...

Jim

I see. You are suggesting a form of guerrilla advertising. Spending money to advertise on a forum where no one buys your books in order to stop those people from talking badly about the guy they don't buy from.Interesting.

Come on, even long-time members have admitted to buying from Chuck in the past, and surely you don't think the thousands of lurkers reading these threads are any different.

For a lot of newbies, MH is their first stop.

He's the Carpet Bagging Mr. Potter of the Comic Book business telling everyone what a favor he is doing them by flying in and buying at ten cents on the dollar before the paying con attendees get a chance to see the dealer's comics.

----------------------

I watched him trying to do this with Dolgoff on Gary's "expensive" $2-$3 SA and GA books...I assume these guys have known eachother for 30 years or so..needless to say, Dolgoff didn't budge. If Chuck doesn't pay the $2..someone else will.

Gary's stuff is fairly priced and graded to begin with. He's takes most of the bullspoon out of buying. How many other dealers can you say that about? I make it a point to buy something from him every show just for good karma.

I get to spend three days next to him at NYCC in April. :o

Could you imagine the epic market crash that would occur if collectors sold all their dupes?

------------------

The same crash that would occur in any market if something like that happened.

The RE market is bad enough as it is, but what if everyone sold their second homes?

If everyone with more than one Picasso sold off their spares?

Etc.

Come on, even long-time members have admitted to buying from Chuck in the past, and surely you don't think the thousands of lurkers reading these threads are any different.

For a lot of newbies, MH is their first stop.

(thumbs u

Jim