• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Be Kind Rewind

12 posts in this topic

Although this movie makes absolutely no logical sense*, I usually like Gondry's stuff, so I'l give it a shot.

* Please, no brainless 'so you think a guy who can fly or climb walls is logical?" stupidity - watch the trailer and upgrade your vocabulary.

Considering that VHS is almost obsolete, does this take place 10 or 15 years ago?

Apparently, the movie takes place in a world where VHS still thrives, and the store services older clientèle with older VHS hardware, and where spending days and days filming replacement movies is more time and money-effective than simply buying a new one or transferring it back to the ruined VHS from a DVD or digital copy.

Maybe we'll find out it's "all a dream" or there will be a logical reason for this. (shrug)

I didn't play close attention but the movies I noticed were all 80's Ghostbusters, Driving Miss Daisy, and RoboCop...

I know, but apparently it's present day, which is why they can't just buy new VHS copies or rent them to make dupes.

Although it does not explain why they don't just rent the DVD to make a VHS copy, or just DL it online.