• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Pedigree?

191 posts in this topic

Did you know that Praying mantissi decapitate the males after they have sex with them? ....

Isn't that alot like slamming pedigree collectors after joining the CGC forum?

Sssshhh! We overlook everyone's faults around here. :insane:

Thank God for that :whistle:

Did you know that Praying mantissi decapitate the males after they have sex with them? ....

You're welcome. :angel:

Actually it's "Your welcome" (thumbs u

Kiiiind of hard to slam them before, innit?

No, just hard to get an audience.

Most of us are just amusing ourselves, anyways. Some moreso than others

So, how are things going?

Actually, isn't you're welcome correct? You're welcome = you are welcome :angel:

So, how are things going?

Fair to middling. How is the non-smoking going? Well, I hope.

I used to think like you. Then I saw some Church golden age books in person and in two seconds I realized that everything else looks like birdcage liner in comparison. Some pedigrees might be BS, and the mutiples they generate unfounded, but that's not true across the board. There is a reason why many of the most experienced collectors in the hobby chase books from certain pedigrees.

(thumbs u

I cannot imagine that there is a collector that wouldn't want to own at least one of the Church comics and most likely they would be willing to pay extra for it. Whether anyone is a Mile High Chuck fan or not, his story of acquiring the Church collection has to give you goosebumps, at least it still does for me!

Actually, isn't you're welcome correct? You're welcome = you are welcome :angel:

Obscure reference from the RockMyAmadeus thread :sorry:

Whaaa? JC, c'mon man. You know I wasn't threatening you-- my point was that I come from a place where I understand the competitive mindset of an athlete.

I know, but just imagine if I posted that same comment, STRIKE!! lol

Well, then it'd be unfounded based on the context of the remark. And I'll be the first to admit to being new here, but I'd like to think the mods I've interacted with would take that into account before penalizing someone.

All that aside, it was simply a point of comparison. I can totally understand the frustration on pedigrees- it seems like an unsubstantial reason for inflating the price on a comic. But then again, we've all had those same discussions about how slabbed books in 9.8 are somehow worth more than a slabbed 9.6 or even their raw counterparts. It comes down to collectors wanting to up the ante for the standard of their collection.

I used to find it odd, but then again, others find my interest in low grades odd. So, it comes back to whatever floats your boat. :)

Mac Man, stop trying to rationalize with what's obviously a crazy person, you'll get no where. Btw, I am in the military and have run several marathons...so I get your point. Oh, I guess by Mr. Crazy I just threatened you there. God that guys a bufoon. lol

I used to think like you. Then I saw some Church golden age books in person and in two seconds I realized that everything else looks like birdcage liner in comparison. Some pedigrees might be BS, and the mutiples they generate unfounded, but that's not true across the board. There is a reason why many of the most experienced collectors in the hobby chase books from certain pedigrees.

I agree! I saw the mile high more fun #52 up close at greg mannings booth during the 2000 SD con. The gloss was amazing! This book was such a gem you would think it was printed yesterday! BTW i wonder if that book was the reason CGC implemented allowing blue labels on slightly restored golden age books? As I recall that one had a dot of touch-up on the cover, but sat in a blue holder with an asking price in excess of $200,000! I think its a good thing as long as the resto is noted because it would be a shame to risk damaging the book while performing restoration removal in order to get a blue label.

redhook would be proud!

:grin:

Green Rivers, although not considered a top-end SA pedigree have amazing cover colors and page quality. I own nearly 100 raw Green Rivers and when I pop one open, I am totally convinced they just came off the newstand. It's pretty amazing. I can't explain it, but they seem to defy time. That means a lot to me. I do not expect that to mean the same to every other collector. The beauty of the hobby is that it's definitely a case of "to each his own". I never look down at another collector's interests, even if it's modern 9.8's. It's all about when you grew up, when you started collecting.

Each collector's GOLDEN AGE can be defined simply as the time when he or she first discovered comic books. End of story.

TROOPER! What's up man? I guess working with high school kids and dealing with their parents has softened me up. :)

And Red- you actually pop your peds? That's awesome! You read Joyce and you read your pedigrees! I AM impressed sir!

TROOPER! What's up man? I guess working with high school kids and dealing with their parents has softened me up. :)

And Red- you actually pop your peds? That's awesome! You read Joyce and you read your pedigrees! I AM impressed sir!

lol everything is ok, wish I was more laid back...perhaps that only occurs after retirement hm Just sitting here in a hotel in Beckley WV for some work.