• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My latest weird purchase?

8 posts in this topic

Just finished listening to "Songs and Stories about the Justice League of America". Very Very cool.

The stories were:

The Flash - The three faces of Mr Big

Aquaman - The defeat of the dehydrator

Wonder Woman - The return of Brunhilde

Plastic Man - The invasion of the plastic men

Metamorpho - Fumo the fire giant

It has great artwork of the JLA with a full WW sketch with her invisible plane on the back.

The record is a 12'' 33 and was distributed by Power Records in 1975.

Now for my questions:

Was this part of a series of records?

Does anybody on the boards have similar records?

I am still laughing over the Brunhilde accent. 27_laughing.gif

There were lots of Power Records sets from the 1970's, probably close to a hundred. Here's a good link but no graphics which is the second best part after listening to them.

power records index

There's some info at Neal Adams website. He did a lot of the art for them, including some really great work that you don't see often

NealAdams.com/records

Plus, if you're interested in these items I have a few of these left for sale (ob plug) ...

strecord.jpg

6million.jpg

dave h

I've got an album of L. Sprague de Camp reading a couple Conan stories. I remember one is a reading of the Tower of the Elephant. Can't remember what's on the other side. I played it once or twice and watched it get old. I have no idea what something like this would be worth today. Got it 1979 or there abouts.

Anybody?

Dave.....5 stars for you.

Very interested in any of the Superhero (DC or Marvel) 12" 33 1/3 albums if anybody has any.(as per the checklist..these did not come with books).

Adams artwork...what a bonus cloud9.gif

I love those old Power Records comics... and still have a few... but I don't think I'd ever seen the N. Adams Star Trek ish - too cool! Here are the ones I've got:

Power Record Comics 11 VF

Power Record Comics 12 VF-

Power Record Comics 13 FN

Power Record Comics 16 VF+

Power Record Comics 17 NM 9.2

Power Record Comics 18 NM 9.0

Power Record Comics 30 NM 9.2