• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay gambles

42 posts in this topic

The "grade" for the raw book was "read once and then stored away". I don't remember the exact price, since it was several years ago, but it was something on the order of $80.

9.8? 9.4

but an Ebay gamble....

How much was that book?

I've bought plenty of variants on EBay, some of which have a good shot at HG, just never submitted them. I wouldn't class these as "gambles" since I'm so frugal I'd probably come out ahead on the recycling value.

55703-35_powerman_46.jpg.cc2bb1d9f495ecaead0d6ca8b59a4849.jpg

55704-35_conan_75.jpg.753e5ba5c5201b72492192c8604b36f1.jpg

Here is my most recent e-bay gamble and not the money makers that

you guys have shown. I was still very pleased with this for only 12.50.

I usually only buy from known and trusted sellers lately.

Picture416.jpg

I don't enough time to take pictures or list all the hundreds of poor

gambles I've made before joining these boards. :(:blush:

Wicked1

Dude...for the love of everything I hold dear in my basement (not including the kidnap victims) ;)

...tell me who you bought your ebay gambles from ???

Those are KILLER fickin' books!!!

:thumbsup: Seller...?

Hey Rich. My memory is a bit foggy, but the ASM 122 came from zillaf4 about 3 years ago, and the Wolverine came from (I think) someone by the name of cabin_weirdos or something along that line. As for the Superman book, that I don't remember only that it wasn't a comic seller, but someone that dealt in antiques, and the Iron Fist I have no clue. The funny thing about the Iron Fist issue that I remember is that it came with microchamber paper inside of it, so I'm assuming it was a cracked slab. (shrug)

bought this for £20 / $40

475f_1_bl.JPG

as it was described as -

"JOB LOT 340 AMERICAN COMICS 1970 - 1980 VERY RARE"

Quess what was in it....

Bronze joy???

Erm.... no....

300 copies of DNAgents.... and some other junk...

So this time it didn't pay off.... but I got an ASM no.1 for $80 last year.... yes really...