• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Auction

267 posts in this topic

How does a bidder know if his bid has hit a reserve? I don't see any statements like "reserve not met" anywhere in any of the listings.

yes, when you bid, it will tell you if reserve is met...on some, you can see that is says "reserve met", but on others, I don't know...this area needs to be addressed, because I honestly don't know from looking at the main page which books have reserves and which don't

i am heading there shortly....

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much quality product, so little money...

If you're claiming to be a pauper, where does that leave the rest of us? :insane:

:D Word! on both counts

ok, my wife says I am a prince (go figure), but that doesn't mean I am not seriously short funds to purchase that which I would like too...hence, the big sell off of Caps and MMC, etc

(thumbs u

Are we bidding on Metropolis's investory or have other people consigned in any large number? I would assume that all the Metropolis books have fairly high reserves.

I noticed some of the raw books say 'C.Connect Verified Grade' while others don't. Does Metroplois grade the books? :sick: That would stop me from buying anything raw.

I noticed that when you has the cursor over the 'C.Connect Verified Grade' a box pops up explaining their policies. If I read it correctly they only take returns for 10 days, even if you later discover the book is restored. :o

This all really seems like a site for Metro to auction their own books and maybe make some commissions on the side from third party sellers. I will be really interested to see how many books don't hit the reserves.

Mike

I made a couple of bids and you are right, if you bid and are the high bidder, they let you know whether the reserve has been met. But if you are not the high bidder, they keep it a secret.

Not sure where you guys are looking but when I bid this is what I got:

You are currently the high bidder for this book, but the reserve price has not been met.

I made a couple of bids and you are right, if you bid and are the high bidder, they let you know whether the reserve has been met. But if you are not the high bidder, they keep it a secret.

Not sure where you guys are looking but when I bid this is what I got:

You are currently the high bidder for this book, but the reserve price has not been met.

That's what you see if you are the high bidder. But if you are not the high bidder, they don't tell you whether or not the high bid has hit the reserve. This is a limitation they should fix so that everyone knows whether the reserve has been met.

Anyone take a look at the Cap #6 9.0?

It appears to be the same book that was sold as a 7.5 in 2002, and then was cleaned and pressed, with writing erased.

What do you think?

certainly could be