• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Wondercon report with some pictures

7 posts in this topic

I did half a day at Wondercon. I don't go for panels and I don't like the crowds. I want to shop and see my CGC boardie friends.

I arrived Saturday about 1 pm, a bit later than expected because Trader Vic's opened their warehouse in Richmond to the public and the wife and I went tiki-hunting.

Anyway, just about first thing, I ran into Tonystarkfan and he showed off his newly-purchased Cerebus 3. I popped over to Houseofcomics, said hi to Marc and dumped my coat in the corner of his booth. (Thanks Marc!) I then went shopping. At some point I ended up waaay over by the self-publishing and indie tables and after buying two Goon TPBs, bought a bunch of mini-comics from their creators.

At some point Marc asked me about my Brave and Bold collection so I veered off in search of Brave and Bolds. I found a 77 and a 78, both about 9.2. I chatted with several folk then about 3 p.m. ran into SocraticWonder.

Late afternoon, after person_without_enough_empathying about Harley Yee's pricing, I broke down and bought three books from him. I'd buy from A-1 at the con, but he's my LCS so I can buy from him anytime. Steve Wyatt had a great collection of pre-code horror for sale and I may buy a book or two from him at the next Sac Con if he still has them.

About 5:30 or so, I walked over to Bourbon and Branch, had drinks with the wife, then we had the mad cab ride to Gordon Biersch where we arrived late for the dinner. Had a great time talking to Garth, Sheena, SW, and Poverty Row. I chatted briefly with Bedrock and paid him for a Jumbo 89 he had sent me a month ago to evaluate.

Pictures:

100_4249.jpg

House of Comics

100_4250.jpg

MST3000!

100_4252.jpg

A-1 Comics

100_4254.jpg

Storm trooper v. creature

100_4257.jpg

My wife said I had to delete this picture, but I knew you guys would enjoy it.

100_4258.jpg

Chef!!

100_4259.jpg

Chewbacca is a *spoon*.

100_4264.jpg

Cap gets some rest.

100_4265.jpg

Sheena and, uh, Sheena.

100_4266.jpg

CGC dinner

100_4270.jpg

Greggy and Tonystarkfan. Sorry it's blurry.

And purchases:

100_4288.jpg

100_4289.jpg

100_4290.jpg

100_4291.jpg

Thanks for the report and the pics, Sean! Great to meet you and Brenda, and I look forward to eventually visiting the tiki bar/lounge...let's try to do that AFTER the field trip to A-1, or I may not have enough $ left over to tip the bartender... ;)