• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Q&A with Bruce Coller AKA BronzeBruce13

9 posts in this topic

from GPAnalyst newsletter: laugh.gif

GPAdvisors Panel Introduces Bruce Coller (BronzeBruce13).

In this issue we introduce Bruce Michael Coller from Pitman, NJ. Bruce is widely known throughout the comic community by his sign-on name "BronzeBruce13". Dirk was able to ask Bruce some questions and find out more about the man and what makes him tick.

Q - Tell us about your comic passion

A - My primary "comic passion" is to reacquire all the Bronze-Age keys and sentimental favorites that I collected in MY personal "golden age of comics". This passion also extends into the Modern Era (Miller, Moore, Byrne) and I recently started to dabble with Silver Age Keys as well. I suffer from "high-grade CGC affliction" and desire these prized treasures in as high grade as possible...

Q - Besides living, eating and thinking about comic issues during the day, what keeps you awake at night ?

A - Besides caffeine ... an inability to recognize when I'm tired for one. I easily get caught up in pursuing comic acquisitions and have to remind myself to sleep. When I actually "try" to sleep, I often obsess about my kids having a safe, happy life and how I can make sure that happens. Aside from that, I wonder how I can manage to do this full time, and how our beloved hobby can survive. We need to get more people reading and collecting. I will be extremely depressed if they ever stop publishing new comics, and if in 20-30 years no one gives a [!@#%^&^] or remembers them. Comics sparked my imagination as a kid and I credit them for expanding my creativity, reaffirming values I was being taught... in addition to the endless enjoyment.

Q - How long have you been on the comic scene ?

A - Almost three years ago I returned to comic collecting after a 17 year hiatus. Over the years I've been fortunate enough to have developed many valued friendships and associations. In that time, I have networked and done a great deal of business with many of the best collectors and sellers in the hobby. I've always been interested in the details and data collection and have watched the Bronze/Modern market closely.

Q - Do you focus on a specific segment of the comic market ?

A - My specialty is obviously the Bronze/Modern market. My interests favor the Marvel titles, but I value DC too. I enjoy mixing with individual private collectors and keeping track of purchases and sales that take place in this space. Much of the best material in high-grade CGC Silver/Bronze never reaches the open market and therefore a number of my prized gems were acquired privately.

Q - Do you have any commercial interest / activity in Comic Books ?

A - Aside from being one of the more active buyers and sellers in the private sector, I'm also developing my own website called ComicTradingPost.com. The idea is to approach buying and selling in a way that helps my associates (most of which have similar interests) and to provide a facility to successfully sell at minimal cost and also obtain more books we covet as well.

Lousy softball questions...

Where's the hardball interviewer??? Where's the guy asking the tough questions, like:

Where were you during the Valentine's Day forum massacre? mad.gif

What did you have for dinner two years ago last Thursday? mad.gif

What's the ideal nitrogen content for the storage of my high grade Bronze? mad.gif

Who told you that you could have a cookie before dinner? mad.gif

And... what the heck do you think you're doing with all them purty comics? Trying to make like a BronzeBurlato? mad.gif