• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Arrrgh! Wii Escapes Me Again!

15 posts in this topic

Tomorrow my local Games Stop will be getting a shipment of Nintendo Wii systems in between 11:30-1pm. If the guy could hold one for me I'd be able to speed back home to pick it up during my lunch break (yay finals week- lunch break stretches out from 40 minutes to 90!). I totally understand the reasons for not doing so (being fair), but I just wish I could swing it since we've been trying to get our hands on one for sometime.

doh!

I feel for you but then again, I remember getting to a Toys-R-Us at 3:00 am on a chilly December 2006 morning to wait in line for one. Santa paid his dues that Christmas. lol

Don't worry, it will happen sometime and you'll appreciate it even more.

Tomorrow my local Games Stop will be getting a shipment of Nintendo Wii systems in between 11:30-1pm. If the guy could hold one for me I'd be able to speed back home to pick it up during my lunch break (yay finals week- lunch break stretches out from 40 minutes to 90!). I totally understand the reasons for not doing so (being fair), but I just wish I could swing it since we've been trying to get our hands on one for sometime.

doh!

Hartford Craigslist might help...

http://hartford.craigslist.org/search/ele?query=Wii&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

$325.00 new unopened

Factor in the 6% sales tax = $20 of the $325.

doh!

Are you using one of the wii trackers on the internet?

I used wiialert.com before Christmas. I got a text message over the phone, hopped on the computer, told me they were at amazon...went there and snagged one in 5 minutes flat. Got expedited shipping and since they have warehouses in KY, it came the next day.

I highly recommend this trackers online.

Wow... I am totally in awe guys. I've been scanning Craigslist, but I really can't see paying much more than retail- I know, I know. But if you know my comic collecting habits, then you know I'm thrifty :grin:

I'll definitely check that wiialert.com out. Will let you know how it works.

Wow... I am totally in awe guys. I've been scanning Craigslist, but I really can't see paying much more than retail- I know, I know. But if you know my comic collecting habits, then you know I'm thrifty :grin:

I'll definitely check that wiialert.com out. Will let you know how it works. [/quotes]

Definitely do not pay more than retail! They are hard to come by, but they are attainable without going for the crappy bundles. The wiitracker and wialert are good ways to go, but keep an eye out for Bestbuy, Circuitcity, Target and ToysrUs and show up early on a Sunday morning. This time of year, you should not have to get there too early to get one. Walmart is a total crapshoot since they can arrive almost any day of the week, usually before 1 or 2 pm. If memory serves me correctly, Thursday or Fridays are the best days on Amazon.

Good luck!

I'll definitely check that wiialert.com out. Will let you know how it works.

not nearly as difficult to find up here now that xmas is over. Got mine and passed on a few hundred at best buy when I happened to be walking buy. Picked up one for a friend, but it was a pain ........... until we finally had one under the tree. Good luck.

Don't hate me, but I stumbled on ours at the local EB Games in the mall around Thanksgiving. I guess it really is all in the timing. They had rec'd 3 units that morning, and I got the 2nd one. It is quite amazing that it's still so "hot" after, what, about 18 months?

When you do find yours, I recommend the WiiPlay bundle which gives you a 2nd controller (a must-have) and a bunch of extra sports games. My kids are still loving the golf, tennis, boxing, and bowling. The only other game I've bought is Ultimate Alliance --- it's pretty good, too.

Good luck!

I spent a good deal of time hunting for one...near work is a Wal Mart, Best Buy, and a Gamestop. Eventually one was available..

and worth the wait...the wife loves it.

Gets you up off the couch...Wii sports is fun!!

Integrated Wireless (easy setup)

Internet browsing (I can read the boards from my tv now)

MARIO!!!

Nerf, you're a trip!

Good news! Someone responded to my Craigslist ad, and it looks like I'm getting a real sweet deal:

-the basic console w/ Wii Sports (used only 4 times, but the guy lost the reciept)

-Wii Play w/ the extra 1 reg. remote and 1 nunchuk remote

Total= $275... actually $25 less than retail and that's not including $20+ for tax! :grin: I'm hoping to be able to pick it up after work today. Totally going to be downloading old school games! :headbang:

Nerf, you're a trip!

Good news! Someone responded to my Craigslist ad, and it looks like I'm getting a real sweet deal:

-the basic console w/ Wii Sports (used only 4 times, but the guy lost the reciept)

-Wii Play w/ the extra 1 reg. remote and 1 nunchuk remote

Total= $275... actually $25 less than retail and that's not including $20+ for tax! :grin: I'm hoping to be able to pick it up after work today. Totally going to be downloading old school games! :headbang:

Get the new old Kirby that just came out in the virtual console.. Its awesome.