• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help with this Strange Tales #103

17 posts in this topic

i've been rebagging, reboarding and regrading my 12 cent Marvels this past week, and i'm still at it. the book below is one of my OO collection and has an unusual defect that i can't quite come to grips with.

Except for some Marvel prechipping, the book is quite nice. BUT, the LLC of the FC has a quarter inch diagonal tear that goes through the entire book. i'm at a loss as to how to grade this puppy - thoughts???

StrangeTales036.jpg

StrangeTales037.jpg

That LLC is pretty banged-up...and unfortunately, that's a flaw that's going to show on every interior page. I don't think this would reach a Fine...I'd have to guess somewhere around 4.5/5.0. Would be interesting to submit it and see what CGC thinks!

At least it doesn't affect the story.It looks like a prime candidate for a qualified grade.Looks 7.5 otherwise.I'd be happy with it priced in the fine/fine+ range.Any chance of listing your raw books?GOD BLESS...

-jimboa friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'd say 5.0 or 5.5. I agree that I wouldn't be comfortable calling it a Fine with a defect that significant. On the other hand, it's so nice otherwise you can't lump it into the VG category. That leaves 5.0.

This is one of my favorite covers of the run. I like the pink letters in the logo and the spaceships flying around in the background.

no matter how you slice and dice the opinions offered so far, it would appear that a concensus 5.5 it about right. (which, coincidentally, is where i guessed it might fall).

i'm going to post a few other "unusual" defects to see what the board thinks.

Jimbo; I'm working on about 800+ 12 cent marvels which i expect to cull down to approx 750 in grades 4.0 to 8.5. (the potential 9.0s will all go into CGC for an "official weigh-in").

Plans are to bring them all to the Javits center in April (all raw), as well as the Lower grade and CGC books. hope to hook up with a dealer and see what we can do to push these out. Unlike prior sales, these will be well discounted from guide based on a sliding scale.

so far, Strange Tales (followed by TOS, FF and JIM) looks to have the most 7.0 - 8.5 books. I forgot how nice a decent 7.0-7.5 can look in a Mylite 2 with a Fullback. I'll list the books in the Marketplace thread before then to see if there's any interest here.

no matter how you slice and dice the opinions offered so far, it would appear that a concensus 5.5 it about right. (which, coincidentally, is where i guessed it might fall).

i'm going to post a few other "unusual" defects to see what the board thinks.

Jimbo; I'm working on about 800+ 12 cent marvels which i expect to cull down to approx 750 in grades 4.0 to 8.5. (the potential 9.0s will all go into CGC for an "official weigh-in").

Plans are to bring them all to the Javits center in April (all raw), as well as the Lower grade and CGC books. hope to hook up with a dealer and see what we can do to push these out. Unlike prior sales, these will be well discounted from guide based on a sliding scale.

so far, Strange Tales (followed by TOS, FF and JIM) looks to have the most 7.0 - 8.5 books. I forgot how nice a decent 7.0-7.5 can look in a Mylite 2 with a Fullback. I'll list the books in the Marketplace thread before then to see if there's any interest here.

Awesome, Harry, just awesome. (worship):wishluck:

6.5-7.0
btw, put me in Supa's camp :sumo:

this is all very interesting!!!!!

grades from 4.5 to 7.0........... :o

Nik should have used one like this in the contest. guess i was right insofar as some defects are hard to come to grips with.................

Heck, i should just PM Toro and get an official grade on this............ :grin:

6.5-7.0

Nik should have used one like this in the contest. guess i was right insofar as some defects are hard to come to grips with.................

Heck, i should just PM Toro and get an official grade on this............ :grin:

Yeah . . . you don't want any "fourth place" grades :makepoint::devil:

lol

6.5-7.0

Yeah . . . you don't want any "fourth place" grades :makepoint::devil:

lol

:baiting: touchy.................

remember; "you are niether yours books nor your grades".......... :grin: