• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Silver and Bronze slabs. a few Pedigrees.

41 posts in this topic

Sometimes people on this nboard can be sooo serious at times. I was admiring the book from the beginning. I just didn't realize that it would go for $400. It was more shock (with a slant of humor) than anything.

The book is very nice... i never made a comment about it being overpriced and I'm not trying to on your sale.

Lighten up gentlemen.

:foryou:

Sometimes people on this nboard can be sooo serious at times. I was admiring the book from the beginning. I just didn't realize that it would go for $400. It was more shock (with a slant of humor) than anything.

The book is very nice... i never made a comment about it being overpriced and I'm not trying to on your sale.

Lighten up gentlemen.

:foryou:

No problem, I didn't take it too badly, and actually, i wasn't even positive that you were talking about the price. That is why I just posted the (tsk) and nothing more. It's all cool, I don't think anyone was trying to be too serius.

Captain America

#107...9.4 w Pacific Coast... $400

:o

(tsk)
I can honestly say that I have no idea about what the going rate for this books is. Therefore, let me reiterate what I have said in mine and other's threads. If you have a comment about how high something is priced, keep it to yourself. It is threadcrapping in the FIRST degree to comment when you think something is overpriced. If you're giving the :o b/c you think it's vastly underpriced, then mea culpa. :foryou:

Lets see via GPA

It sold in 2006 approx two yrs ago for 227.00

The first sale was in 2005 for 330.00

With the current trends towards Peds, I would say $400 bills is about right. Either way long term investment potential is always good for a pedigree and its a price you either pay it or pass. Most likely the sale at 227.00 was an annomoly so figue 330.00 with 10% appriciation for 3 year and you have around $439.00 book.

Awesome info! Thanks for sharing. (worship)

Not to mention. PCs are know for their overall quality and freshness, which this book has, and it has white pages. Also one of the coolest Kirby covers in the run. I priced most of these on the high side because I love these books. This isn't a "need to sell" sale, or a "flip it " sale. It was going to take $400 for it to leave my collection, so I would say that that makes it worth $400, at least to me. Apparently someone else thought so as well. (shrug)

BTW, thanks for all of the nice comments in the thread. These Caps are a favorite part of my collection, and I will be sad to see them leave. So much quality GA is available right now, and wouldn't mind increasing my purchasing power, so I decided to sacrifice a few books.

I think there have been several threads in which the conclusion has been drawn that PC book prices can be all over the place, and more often than not a strong price is realized and justified. The PC pedigree is something of a wild card; for certain PC and Curator books I can see my (cheap, when it comes to SA) self paying a hefty $.

No prob, I'm not too attached to getting it but you shouldn't put :takeit: rules if you're not going to honor it. Anything else that's pending so we know?

Thank you sir, may I have another? :(

You are right. I edited the initial post. Now it should be perfectly clear what I intended. Some people want to buy with anonymity. I can't take that from them. I justed wanted to prevent some of the tactics people use of trying to lay claim on a book with out actually committing to it.

Again, sorry about that.