• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 7 at Heritage goes for 143,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

293 posts in this topic

.Baseball cards featuring VERY obscure players
Are you crazy? If you know about baseball you would know Honus Wagner was the Babe Ruth of his time :makepoint:

THANK YOU! You beat me to it. (thumbs u

I don't know why people always call him a no name baseball player

1 more month :cloud9:

.Baseball cards featuring VERY obscure players
Are you crazy? If you know about baseball you would know Honus Wagner was the Babe Ruth of his time :makepoint:

:applause:

That always gets under my skin when I hear it. He was a fantastic player, and one of the five original inductees to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Still think comics have a lot of potential,although these books are DEFINITELY out of my league.

They are out of just about everyone's league. :( Just keep hoping for the great crash to hit so we can afford some. :wishluck:

I THINK HE MEANT HONUS WAGNER IS OBSCURE TO TODAYS GENERATION.

I would agree. There are plenty of superheroes who were once hot (including Captain Marvel who once outsold superman) but don't mean as much in collectibles because they are not hot today.,

That's still not cards plural and hardly an obscure player. (I also believe that it is just the singular example of that card that brings the huge money and headlines, similar to if the Church Action #1 actually had traded hands multiple times in the past decade).

Big difference between superheroes who have faded into obscurity and baseball legends whose exploits are revered and brought up yearly at the Hall of Fame/All-Star Game/World Series/Ballparks/Media Guides, etc

Ok, here's my little report from being on the floor of the Heritage auction today. I only stayed until about an hour into the the second session and I'm glad I did.

First off... the Mile High Adventures and other Mile Highs went for CRAZY MONEY

I'm talking 8 to 10 times guide! I've never seen such. I was definitely out of my league being there as there were some serious heavy hitters buying these books.

Of course the Action 7 was bought by the guy sitting next to me but there was a phone bidder that everyone was speculating who it was. A few people thought it was Alan while a couple others thought it was Geppi.

Although I didn't win any books I did successfully drive the bids up on several lol

The most amazing book I thought money wise Fantastic Frank's ASM 129

I got to met Frank and he was definitely extremely nice.

His 129 in 9.8 sold for $12,000.00 PLUS buyers premium!!!

Not bad for a bronze age book that has 6 copies in 9.8!

Needless to say I led the room in applause considering the last sale of a 9.8 book was in 2006 for $9,000

Overall I'm glad I went and enjoyed it, not to mention it was catered for dinner which I didn't expect.

I plan on going back for the 3rd session tomorrow! Wish me luck! :wishluck:

Nice report Buffyman.. Seemed like a great place to check out since it seemed that there is alot of excitement and anticipation in the bidding.. If I were there and were to bid on a very expensive book, I'd probably be nervous, but that's just me.

I'd like to add about the Action 7, I told the guy that won it that you guys were already talking about it just minutes after it closed and he asked "Where, on the CGC boards?"

lol

He said he has read the boards but hasn't ever posted.

I was able to read the posts but for some reason I can't post from my Palm due to a UBB error or something.