• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect auction...who else is confused?

28 posts in this topic

Just having a quick scan through thing's. I think I can count on one hand the number of books that have reached reserve. (shrug)

Oh don't get me wrong, there's some big bid's in all right, but Comic Connect in their great wisdom seem to have handed the the new kid auction crown firmly to Clink with this policy.

After already having a go at search engine references for clink and everyone else, Metro seems to have completely dropped the ball here.

After most of my items went anything from 30 to 40% below guide on the Feb ComicLink auction I decided that my Spideys would have reasonable reserves.

Too many quality items have been up for sale recently and as this is the last auction a lot of funds have already been spent. Normal competition may not be there.

I can't afford for my Spideys to go too cheap. One has already hit reserve ASM 108 CGC 9.4 White pages at $125 (below 12mth avg GPA)

2 hours left and reserve not met on many lots....I don't even want to bid on that kind of auction format.

I really wish they would rethink it, I will not chase a reserve to win a book.

Doesn't Heritage release the reserve (if there is one) days before auction end?

And Clink usually has no reserve and still has brisk bidding and good prices realized?

Nah, that was all part of the plan...

After a given session's end-time, there is a 30 minute extended bidding period. Individual auction lots that receive additional bids will continue to be extended in 15 minute intervals after each new bid is placed. Once a lot has not received any bids for 15 minutes, the auction for that individual lot is closed, and the highest bidder wins the item.

Nah, that was all part of the plan...

After a given session's end-time, there is a 30 minute extended bidding period. Individual auction lots that receive additional bids will continue to be extended in 15 minute intervals after each new bid is placed. Once a lot has not received any bids for 15 minutes, the auction for that individual lot is closed, and the highest bidder wins the item. As long as our stupid reserves are met.

I actually won a book :o

The bad part is I bought the same book from a forumite earlier this morning as I forgot I was bidding on it :tonofbricks:

The bad part is I bought the same book from a forumite earlier this morning as I forgot I was bidding on it :tonofbricks:

Captain America #110 ???... :screwy:

Captain America #110 ???... :screwy:

:roflmao: