• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm new and wanted to say Hello!!

37 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Boards!

Stay away from the GA forums :makepoint: ...they have really nice expensive books and you will get hooked. That's why I stay away. If you start hanging with those guys we won't see you in General anymore :shrug:

All the fun and drama all occurs in Comics General

BTW Glad to see you're a fan of The Golden Child

Welcome to the Boards

I specialize in Late SA BA Marvel/DC

Also Have many SA INDYS Thunder Agents; Dr. Solar. ETC.

I really enjoy EC art espcially Wally Wood.

Look forward to seeing some of your items

Cortez

Arcade - for many years I collected EC comics, including Tales From the Crypt and Shock Suspenstories. I have a ton of them, but most are not in great shape. I do intend on sending two or three of them to CGC and expect they will grade somewhere in the 5.5 to 7.0 range. I recently won a few awesome auctions on Comiclink, including an Action Comics 26 (6.5) and Action 72 (7.0). I collect Golden Age supes and am trying to get my hands on some nice quality All Star's.

I like the whole CGC concept and think it is great for display purposes in my home and work offices, but will only send a book (or buy one already slabbed) if I have read it or can obtain a reader's copy.

I am currently enjoying the Walking Dead and Fables series, and was blown away by the whole World War Hulk series.

What about you?

Thanks for the nice welcome!!!

Congratulations on the Comic Link wins. I have only purchase one book from C Link but I got a great deal on it. It was an X-Men 94 in 9.0. The copy I purchase as a kid was well read and only graded 7.5.

As you can probably tell now, I collect bronze age Marvel comics. These are the books I grew up reading and later collecting. My current collecting goal is to complete sending in My X-Men 94-143 books for grading, (very expensive process). I started off on the CS at #66 and have moved up to #23 after only sending in just over 50% of my collection. It's just a fun thing to do. After I am finished with that I'm not sure if I want to try and get some silver age X-Men or start in on my ASM bronze books. But I try to keep myself as focused as possible or I would end up spending all my sons college money and my wife and son would kill me. ;)

Welcome to the Boards!

Stay away from the GA forums :makepoint: ...they have really nice expensive books and you will get hooked. That's why I stay away. If you start hanging with those guys we won't see you in General anymore :shrug:

All the fun and drama all occurs in Comics General

BTW Glad to see you're a fan of The Golden Child

nice catch!!