• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm new and wanted to say Hello!!

37 posts in this topic

I am brand new to these forums and just wanted to introduce myself. I collected comics for a number of years and recently pulled my collection from storage. I have become re-enchanted with comic collecitng and look forward to posting on these boards.

I am brand new to these forums and just wanted to introduce myself. I collected comics for a number of years and recently pulled my collection from storage. I have become re-enchanted with comic collecitng and look forward to posting on these boards.

Welcome Sardo.

As a relative newbie here myself I can say that you will get a ton of great info here.

I can't tell you how many hours I have poured over old message threads and I have learned a lot of things.

It sounds like you are in the same boat a lot of us are in. I just got back into collecting comics after a 20 year dry spell.

What books do you collect?

Do you get books graded by CGC yet?

Do you only read and hate the thought of books in plastic cases?

Again. Welcome to the boards.

Arcade - for many years I collected EC comics, including Tales From the Crypt and Shock Suspenstories. I have a ton of them, but most are not in great shape. I do intend on sending two or three of them to CGC and expect they will grade somewhere in the 5.5 to 7.0 range. I recently won a few awesome auctions on Comiclink, including an Action Comics 26 (6.5) and Action 72 (7.0). I collect Golden Age supes and am trying to get my hands on some nice quality All Star's.

I like the whole CGC concept and think it is great for display purposes in my home and work offices, but will only send a book (or buy one already slabbed) if I have read it or can obtain a reader's copy.

I am currently enjoying the Walking Dead and Fables series, and was blown away by the whole World War Hulk series.

What about you?

Thanks for the nice welcome!!!

Arcade - for many years I collected EC comics, including Tales From the Crypt and Shock Suspenstories. I have a ton of them, but most are not in great shape. I do intend on sending two or three of them to CGC and expect they will grade somewhere in the 5.5 to 7.0 range. I recently won a few awesome auvtions on Comiclink, including an Action Comics 26 (6.5) and Action 72 (7.0). I collect Golden Age supes and am trying to get my hands on some nice quality All Star's.

A golden age collector :cloud9:

Make sure you head over to the gold forum for plenty of Superman and All-Star goodness

I collect Golden Age supes.....

:cloud9: a collector after my own heart. I also collect GA Supes/Action Comics, but I do dabble in other genres such as ECs, Bronze DC, etc.

welcome to the boards !! :hi:

Arcade - for many years I collected EC comics, including Tales From the Crypt and Shock Suspenstories. I have a ton of them, but most are not in great shape. I do intend on sending two or three of them to CGC and expect they will grade somewhere in the 5.5 to 7.0 range. I recently won a few awesome auctions on Comiclink, including an Action Comics 26 (6.5) and Action 72 (7.0). I collect Golden Age supes and am trying to get my hands on some nice quality All Star's.

I like the whole CGC concept and think it is great for display purposes in my home and work offices, but will only send a book (or buy one already slabbed) if I have read it or can obtain a reader's copy.

I am currently enjoying the Walking Dead and Fables series, and was blown away by the whole World War Hulk series.

What about you?

Thanks for the nice welcome!!!

EC... EC... EC! Mostly collect DC Bronze and anything that catches my eye!

(thumbs u

I collect Golden Age supes.....

:cloud9: a collector after my own heart. I also collect GA Supes/Action Comics, but I do dabble in other genres such as ECs, Bronze DC, etc.

welcome to the boards !! :hi:

I collect GA Actions! :hi: