• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,954 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2023 at 8:26 PM, icp004 said:

ME submission correcting the missing Mark Jewelers notation is en route. 

IMG_5774.jpeg

I should not have jumped the gun by posting the CGC scan before I received the book.  I can’t believe these inner sleeve scratches don't show on their scan. Should the inner sleeve move within the case?  This one does so maybe it scuffed with shaking during the shipping???  This was a ME for label so can I submit a second ME on the same book?  I hope so because it looks terrible.  😭

IMG_5815.jpeg

The grades for my latest submission of crack and resubs are in and I did well - 12 grade bumps and another 3 where the grade stayed the same. I will either post pics or a link to the video once FedEx gets them back here. 

The biggest bump was an ASM 238 new stand that was originally an 8.0 and I got it up to a 9.4.

Edited by Stefan_W

On 8/21/2023 at 4:10 PM, Stefan_W said:

The grades for my latest submission of crack and resubs are in and I did well - 12 grade bumps and another 3 where the grade stayed the same. I will either post pics or a link to the video once FedEx gets them back here. 

The biggest bump was an ASM 238 new stand that was originally an 8.0 and I got it up to a 9.4.

I assume a press was involved? If so I ask because of minimal results myself, but would try again :)

On 8/21/2023 at 5:13 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I assume a press was involved? If so I ask because of minimal results myself, but would try again :)

Yeah, I press my own books. 

IMO, the trick for crack and re-subs with moderns is getting the 9.8 premium. I regularly get books that are 9.0-9.4 into the 9.4/9.6 range but after the cost of grading the increase in value is minimal with getting 9.8 bumps. Even though I got a bump in 12 books with only 3 staying the same and no drops I still will be only a small amount above breaking even because only one book hit 9.8. 

Edited by Stefan_W

On 8/21/2023 at 4:20 PM, Stefan_W said:

Yeah, I press my own books. 

IMO, the trick for crack and re-subs with moderns is getting the 9.8 premium. I regularly get books that are 9.0-9.4 into the 9.4/9.6 range but after the cost of grading the increase in value is minimal with getting 9.8 bumps. Even though I got a bump in 12 books with only 3 staying the same and no drops I still will be only a small amount above breaking even because only one book hit 9.8. 

I don't usually press at all, except a few main keys, but I have one that I'm waiting on a signing to minimize costs but it looks pressable. I've not had grade bumps with CCS and yet it would be the option I'll probably choose if the signing is ever available. Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just got it back today.  I can't decide if I'm going to sell it or keep it.  It looks really nice in its new case but a signed 9.0 sold on eBay for $1,500 not too long ago, which is a crazy price for a comic from 2011.  Maybe I should strike while the comic is hot?   There are only five 9.8's in the census.  I was seven years old when Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends was on Saturday mornings in the 1980's and I don't remember Firestar looking quite like this.

young allies 6 a.jpg

On 8/21/2023 at 5:10 PM, Stefan_W said:

The books came back from CGC and the cases were all flawless. Here is the video of the unboxing that I promised in case anyone is interested. It helps if you click the "Watch on YouTube" icon at the bottom left of the video to open it from there (otherwise it does not count as a view). 

Took me a couple years trying and submitting, and I'm glad I struck now while the "CCS Iron Is Hot" (they have been doing a great job on my last few subs....unlike last year)...

I have not been able to break 9.2 with this issue on my last 8 copies I sent in...  had to resort buying the 9.4's and 9.6's in my collection... and just when I was about to give up and throw down for the 9.8!!! I finally get it.. twice...

I pegged these all as 9.6 as-is (before CCS), so really happy to see CCS did get me the bump on 2 of them.

image.thumb.jpeg.d6fc51fc0980805c98822f0634f2e789.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.42fd7208acf0251d35f502d600918892.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ace762ffffc77f79b274d2797972fa03.jpeg