• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,955 posts in this topic

Just got back House of Secrets #92 Qualified 6.5 because of the staples being replace. I bought this a few years ago but don't remember what I paid for it. I think it was between $70 and $90. Still looks good.

Just got back House of Secrets #92 Qualified 6.5 because of the staples being replace. I bought this a few years ago but don't remember what I paid for it. I think it was between $70 and $90. Still looks good.
Gonna crack it? I would.

A few Moderns back today,

X-Men 122 - CGC 9.2 :tonofbricks:

X-Men 123 - CGC 9.0 :tonofbricks: :tonofbricks:

:eek: What happened ?!?

The unavoidable "turd " :(

Every one of my submissions has at least one. They are, however, usually offset by the "gift grade" on another book, which makes it all better!! :cloud9:

Quite correct. I remember mine like it was yesterday, Uncanny X-Men 245 CGC 8.5. Can you say, "plop?" :P

Very light stain I missed plopped a 9.4 to an 8.0

:eek:

we need a pooping gramelin

Quite correct. I remember mine like it was yesterday, Uncanny X-Men 245 CGC 8.5. Can you say, "plop?" :P

You mean we haven't already? :o

God knows how many times I've used this one incorrectly, then...

:sumo:

Try this

poop.gif

Interesting...a PGX 9.0 becomes a CGC 9.6...wonder how the devoted PGX- bashers will spin this? hm

they can't grade in either direction :insane:

They spin a wheel with grades on it ala wheel of fortune??

lol

I have bought some to crack that looked undergraded. Some victories and some losses. Timmay chose well because the white cover highly reduced the likelihood of missed color touch. :sick:

Congratulations Timmay....very sweet IM issue and nice upgrade from a 9.0 to a 9.6.

If you're a run of the mill collector submitting your high grade SA and BA to PGX, be prepared for undergrading.....it happened to me too. I've been re-subbing them to CGC on occasion, and the biggest jump I've received so far was an 8.5 to a 9.4. (The books is a 9.4 IMO).

Later I'll post a few of today's returns in the grading forum for everyone to peruse. I'll even throw in one or two from prior graded batches to throw everyone off the scent.

No point in going over it here, since I'm not in the mood for responses like: "everyone has this happen", or "book was probably overgraded to begin with", or "call for the grader's notes", or "you just missed a hidden defect".

I'm through with Standard Tier submissions, I can tell you that. These grades were absurd.